Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Default Re: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

I didn’t even think about switching to 1660 audio at all yesterday.

I used to start thinking about it during the intro and would be listening to Jeff and Phil after the 2nd possession.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    By last year, I mean the previous years. I don't think I caught a single fake-season game on TV, so I don't know how that went. I get that no one likes Timmerman, but he sounded like an announcer. I always liked Brian Shawn.
    Very much agree with you regarding Brian Shawn. Really like him. I don't quite get all the Lee Timmerman hate here, he did not offend me in any way. The current on-air team has a ways to go to be as smooth as the those two IMO. That fourth on-air guy though who was wearing the electric blue suit yesterday sounds pretty good. I get that his face is not as pretty as Logan's but I would rather have his commentary than hers to be brutally honest. Perhaps she can hone her craft - quickly.

Even KVLY is better than FloSports who can’t even put the down and distance on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Even KVLY is better than FloSports who can’t even put the down and distance on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Flosports sucks! I already cancelled my subscription and they are still keeping the entire $20! Fucking thieves!

I told you guys LT wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I told you guys LT wasn't that bad.
    I admit I was yearning for the days of LT yesterday......I also watch WIU/EWU yesterday. WIU, Western fing Illinois has a better production than that Towson produced bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I admit I was yearning for the days of LT yesterday......I also watch WIU/EWU yesterday. WIU, Western fing Illinois has a better production than that Towson produced bullshit.
    Are we sure the color guy wasn't a dejected Timmerman calling in from mother's house?

I’m thinking the FloSports announcers weren’t even in the stadium with zero background noise.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I was listening to Michigan State's radio team (so this is more of a commentary on our radio team) I'm not sure that this is indicative of the overall quality of Spartan radio, but I heard something like this:

"Miami 3rd and 4, their QB drops back to pass."
    <dead space>
    "The receiver runs out of bounds."
    <break for quick ad>
    "Miami 1st and 10."

One of the games I was listening to had a color guy who cheered during plays... not like game-ending plays - I'm talking 4yd runs. Might have been the Miami-MSU game, but I can't be sure since I was doing a lot of channel switching.

Anyway, I can't imagine an NDSU crew not mentioning the completion / yards gained or whether / whether is was first down or not.

I think we can have a better appreciation for WDAY coverage now and KVLY past coverage after watching that shit show of a broadcast yesterday. Sad thing is, this is the norm for most of the fcs who actually have televised games.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN