Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Default Re: WDAY Not Crap Production (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You do realize the budgets are slightly different in those situations? Probably by multiple factors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Lee Timmerman was paid in room temperature mayonnaise sandwiches.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    You do realize the budgets are slightly different in those situations? Probably by multiple factors.

I absolutely do realize the budgets are vastly different. But given that WDAY also does a lot of high school games throughout the year, upping their "game" once a week for a competitively bid televising rights product shouldn't be that hard.....right?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Lee Timmerman was paid in room temperature mayonnaise sandwiches.
    That was way too much.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    That was way too much.
    The crusts were removed so he wouldn't choke on them.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    I absolutely do realize the budgets are vastly different. But given that WDAY also does a lot of high school games throughout the year, upping their "game" once a week for a competitively bid televising rights product shouldn't be that hard.....right?
    Expecting a local TV station to have similar production capabilities as ESPN, CBS, ABC, Fox/FS1 and even regional/ conference networks is ridiculous. They have what they have and do a very good job considering. Then to expect them to go into a visiting stadium and not step over their production crews in camera location and technology can't be easy.

I watched plenty of other FCS games last Saturday on ESPN+ and ESPN3 (Montana St/EWU, UND/SIU, SDSU/Missouri St, SLU/UIW, and others) and the WDAY production was the worst of what I saw in terms of camera work and graphics. Maybe they had a bad day? Maybe they had struggles using cameras from another production crew? But you can't put lipstick on that pig.

Can they turn down Dom's microphone about 10 decibels. So annoying when he gets excited about a play......its not what he says, it's the loudness of his voice!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I watched plenty of other FCS games last Saturday on ESPN+ and ESPN3 (Montana St/EWU, UND/SIU, SDSU/Missouri St, SLU/UIW, and others) and the WDAY production was the worst of what I saw in terms of camera work and graphics. Maybe they had a bad day? Maybe they had struggles using cameras from another production crew? But you can't put lipstick on that pig.
    I was watching It on ESPN+ and it was the midco broadcast which was horrific. My guess is that if WDAY was broadcasting it, they were likely using the Midco cameras. Happens all the time. ESPN or Fox or whoever will just hijack the camera feed of the home crew, and they will run their graphics, and their own announcers as usual.

In my days in Broadcast, they grabbed our entire broadcast, announcers and all and broadcast it to ESPN except they gaave us their graphics package beforehand. This was for National tournament College Hockey at Mankato, as well as 1-2 Minnesota Vs Mankato Regular season games too
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Can they turn down Dom's microphone about 10 decibels. So annoying when he gets excited about a play......its not what he says, it's the loudness of his voice!
    I remember in the early days of Joe Rohan’s podcast he had a pretty basic mic and when he would have Joey Diaz on, which was a lot, the mic couldn’t handle his excited outbursts and it would pop and get really loud. He knew this was an issue and eventually he got a mic that could handle Joey’s voice without it being as bad of an issue as it used to be. It would be nice if they had something like that for Dom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    I remember in the early days of Joe Rohan’s podcast he had a pretty basic mic and when he would have Joey Diaz on, which was a lot, the mic couldn’t handle his excited outbursts and it would pop and get really loud. He knew this was an issue and eventually he got a mic that could handle Joey’s voice without it being as bad of an issue as it used to be. It would be nice if they had something like that for Dom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe just get him one of those plugs they stuff into the horn of a jazz trumpet
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*