Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 enrollment

Default Re: 2021 enrollment

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I did ndsu undergrad and private law school. In terms of cost.... the sticker shock on private is not real. They don't charge sticker to damn near anyone but Legacy students.
    See the sad thing about a guy like you is in about 50 years you’re gonna start doing some thinking on your own and you’re gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One, don't do that. And two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin’ education you coulda got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the Public Library.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

You spelt chaaaages wrong.

Yeah, I know.

Most data I've seen says that NDSU students who have loans average around $30,000 - $35,000 total, which isn't too bad...when you figure that the total is driven up by the higher tuition programs like pharmacy and architecture, it means that the amount for the typical student is actually lower.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    See the sad thing about a guy like you is in about 50 years you’re gonna start doing some thinking on your own and you’re gonna come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life. One, don't do that. And two, you dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a fuckin’ education you coulda got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the Public Library.
    One of my favorite movies, didn't pick up on it until got to the $1.50 in late chahges part. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I also went during the quarter system period. My first quarter tuition was $284 for 18 credits. I don't think I ever cracked the $400 per quarter mark. I had some scholly money, worked pretty much the whole time and parents pitched in a some bucks for pizza, beer and the like.
    If I remember correctly, tuition in the late 80s was $700 - $800 per quarter and I usually spent maybe $150 in books and lab fees. It didn't do much for my social live, but I lived at home with free room and board and could live comfortably working 20 hours per week in fast food making not much more than minimum wage with more hours when school wasn't in session
    It's OK to not be OK.

I might add that even though it's only 300 students, I've read that the census is roughly $4,500 per person in federal funding or about 1.3 million. Another article said its $19,500 per person but that's probably high. If you're talking 2,400 students that's a lot of money. But if that's an inaccurate way to explain census money at the very least it's driving the drop in state funding

Big picture impact

300 students is at least a few hundred units not being rented, many near the Roosevelt neighborhood.

Property values are dropping in the Roosevelt residential neighborhoods which means less tax revenue for all of us

300 students is also 300 potential part time workers for these businesses that are having staffing issues

So if you look at a drop of 2500 students over 7 years, that's a pretty big failure.

Long term, that's less potential donors in the future.

Whoever our new President is, it needs to be a top priority

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

300 students is also 300 potential part time workers for these businesses that are having staffing issues
    Or they filled the need of employers that have 300 full time openings.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Or they filled the need of employers that have 300 full time openings.
    Yep after they graduate

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I might add that even though it's only 300 students, I've read that the census is roughly $4,500 per person in federal funding or about 1.3 million. Another article said its $19,500 per person but that's probably high. If you're talking 2,400 students that's a lot of money. But if that's an inaccurate way to explain census money at the very least it's driving the drop in state funding

Big picture impact

300 students is at least a few hundred units not being rented, many near the Roosevelt neighborhood.

Property values are dropping in the Roosevelt residential neighborhoods which means less tax revenue for all of us

So if you look at a drop of 2500 students over 7 years, that's a pretty big failure.

Long term, that's less potential donors in the future.

Whoever our new President is, it needs to be a top priority
    Fargo sucks so that's fine with me
    College of Business Alumnus