Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 enrollment

Default 2021 enrollment

12,390 enrollment. only down 300 from last year. I'll consider that a win.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: 2021 enrollment

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    12,390 enrollment. only down 300 from last year. I'll consider that a win.
    All things considered it's not that bad, but we need to start going in the opposite direction next year. Maybe that will happen if we reach herd immunity and students can have a normal experience

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I think some is from covid but I also think we are seeing a trend. Not all are picking a college/ university education
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Anyone know the national average increase/decrease for university enrollment?

300 smart kids didn't want to wear masks
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    You dumbass...new freshmen are up 8%, similar to last year...the low enrollment blip is passing through, this is a good sign...

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There are also a lot of kids that have figured out they can make more money with trades (plumbers, electricians, etc) rather than create debt to get a 4 year college degree. Professional bachelor degrees aside, many degrees make no sense financially unless you plan to move into medicine or law. That degree in library science, family studies, or sociology probably won't pay the bills. Not saying these have no societal value, but tough way to make a living.

Quote Originally Posted by el_chapo View Post
    fbs!!!! Stars!!! Beer!!!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

My college education is certainly one of the best decisions I've made but it was sooooo inexpensive at that time. NDSU is still very reasonable compared with other options. In general though, I do wonder how many of today's kids will look back when they're my age and say what I just did.

I left school with a small debt load and great career opportunities. Not sure that's the case for the majority now.

Also, things change so quickly these days that the idea of spending 4 years to get a degree in one thing seems a bit odd. Yes, I know school is about more than learning "stuff" and that you learn how to learn, etc. Still, it does seem like an "industry" ripe for innovation.

All that said, my oldest is off to school at NDSU this fall, LOL.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I continue to be amazed at where some of my friends kids are attending college. Many are going to big, name brand schools that are out of state and very expensive. I just don't see the ROI there but it makes for great social media pictures, I suppose.

Now that I'm sounding like an old man yelling at clouds, can I complain about dorm room (sorry Prakash....Residence Hall) decoration? How many freaking pillows do you need? My parents helped me load my clothes and 13" TV into my Chevy and waved goodbye when I went to college
    Get your BB tickets now!!!