Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 enrollment

Default Re: 2021 enrollment

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The reservoir is like 3 square miles. Where is this giant retention pond getting dug at?
    South Fargo - south of 52nd Ave. It's going to be 80 acres with overflow of up to 120 acres. It's going to be filtered before it goes into the pond and they want to stock it with fish, a beach, trails, and a place to take kayaks. The park district will manage it. Heard existing city bike trails may connect to it.

They dug it out and there is so much dirt, they can't continue until they give it all away. So if anyone wants free dirt...

https://www.inforum.com/news/traffic...go-development

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    South Fargo - south of 52nd Ave. It's going to be 80 acres with overflow of up to 120 acres. It's going to be filtered before it goes into the pond and they want to stock it with fish, a beach, trails, and a place to take kayaks. The park district will manage it. Heard existing city bike trails may connect to it.

They dug it out and there is so much dirt, they can't continue until they give it all away. So if anyone wants free dirt...

https://www.inforum.com/news/traffic...go-development
    Make some friggin mountains, man!!!! I guess "hills" would be more accurate, but any kind of relief is more than welcome. Friggin lake bottom ....

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I said many people because dumb ass said zero people live here in part because of access to lakes area. I would say the 15% you guessed is a fair number if you count the entire metro of 250k, which is almost 40k people

But Grand Forks had issues before the flood. From 1970 to 1980 they only grew 8%. From 1980 to 1990 they only grew at 6%. Cass County grew 20% and 17% during the same period

Winnipeg grew plenty fast after they were devastated by the flood in the 60s
    Winnipeg was a much more important hub nationally than grand forks too though so that airways helps the recovery not that US didn't put zero effort in grand forks recovery. Fair points on growth prior. Just saying they could have been much better off without the flood of 98.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Winnipeg was a much more important hub nationally than grand forks too though so that airways helps the recovery not that US didn't put zero effort in grand forks recovery. Fair points on growth prior. Just saying they could have been much better off without the flood of 98.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Speaking of Hillsboro, I've always been amazed that towns like this or Mayville, half way between both cities, didn't grow at all really. You would think that being only 30 min from each city would be beneficial enough to at least some businesses that Hillsboro would be larger than it is. People could live on some decent size lots as well, unless farmland is really that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Speaking of Hillsboro, I've always been amazed that towns like this or Mayville, half way between both cities, didn't grow at all really. You would think that being only 30 min from each city would be beneficial enough to at least some businesses that Hillsboro would be larger than it is. People could live on some decent size lots as well, unless farmland is really that expensive.
    All fun and games until your kids turn 18 and go to college in one of the cities. Then you move there to be closer to them. Happened to a lot of my friends’ families
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Good for you guys? Now tell me how many people live in Fargo because they enjoy lakes? The answer is zero and pretending otherwise just makes you sound dumb lmaoo
    dam this is a stupid take. Fargons invade the lakes, of course they choose to live in FARGO over bismarck or grand forks logically cuz it's better & secondly to BE NEAR THE LAKES & CLOSER TO MINNEAPOLIS & ACTUAL CIVILIZATION AND TREES
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Hillsboro has been slowly growing since I've been there. In 2006 seems like just a bit over 1500, 2010 estimate indicates a hair over 1600. They are adding a huge development to west side of interstate. Will have to see what becomes of it. I think town has gotten somewhat younger, when I first moved there it seemed like many of baby boomers were still there but no kids or had kids with only a few of the last 4-5-6 kids they had, now they've somewhat left or died and younger couples (or even a few single people) but smaller families than in past. They've built up 2 small developments since I've moved there. Not many apartments so that probably needs some attention as hard to come by. The added businesses have been Degleman (farm implements) and Total Ag (they deal in a lot of agricultural stuff) probably some other odds and ends are the only "major" ones that I know about that were added. ACS is always a big employer, and they have Anchor Ingredients, FCS/USDA offices, a lot of contractors have their workers stay in campers at the campground every summer is busy not to mention beet harvest help as well. All said Hillsboro is a bedroom community with people traveling to Fargo or Grand Forks for work (like myself). They are doing a huge development on the west side because from everything we've been told there is demand for additional housing. Here is website for that https://www.riverwalkdevelopment.com/ This is projected to increase the size of Hillsboro fairly significantly, but it is going to take years for them to fill that up. They have it in 2 phases. East side and all south commercial lots will be done first.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    All fun and games until your kids turn 18 and go to college in one of the cities. Then you move there to be closer to them. Happened to a lot of my friends’ families
    Pretty rare in my circle of people... but then I grew up on a farm with lots of farming relatives and farming friends so kind of hard to move away from that.

https://www.am1100theflag.com/ndsu-t...ement-research

Just another week at the Ag College …

This may be of interest: https://www.grandforksherald.com/pra...school-history

Record U-Mary enrollment.

Quote Originally Posted by acf2 View Post
    This may be of interest: https://www.grandforksherald.com/pra...school-history

Record U-Mary enrollment.
    In person classes? I know some kids who went to Valley this year because NDSU was online.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."