Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor ticket sales

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Poor ticket sales

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd be happy to be wrong but I don't think demand comes back when COVID is no longer dominating the news cycle. I don't even think COVID is a very big part of it anymore. Maybe it accelerated things or made some realize how easy it was to watch games this spring. But just look at attendance figures in the 2019 playoffs. The arrow has been pointing down in terms of demand since 2016 or maybe even longer.
    I’m probably not the majority here, but I am waiting to see how the Delta variant burns through the state until I buy tickets to any large events. I am hoping to catch some games in person, but I’m not going to risk my health to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I'm not denying its a Factor, I'm denying that it is THE factor. Specifically the fear of the virus. If anything, people are afraid of the reaction to it- masks, no tailgating, limited capacity etc. They dont want to go to a game under those circumstances. especially to curb stomp indiana state again.

Covid doesnt explain why attendance has been dipping for 5 years straight lol. Bison Fatigue does. Covid has just accelerated the fatigue. We all know we're going to piss pound everyone on the home schedule. but now being told we have to wear a mask (or whatever the precaution(s) may be), still pay 55$ to sit in a potentially 25% crowd (precaution) to watch us piss poudn another high school team?? not worth it.

If we were hosting wyoming week one? even with masks, we would be at 100% capacity. The opponents and the quality of football is, and always has been, the #1 driver of fan engagement and its not even close.
    We can agree there but using Covid is no different than saying it's because we're not FBS. And I support moving up BTW.

But I bet you by the end of the day, most of the tickets will be gone and this post will be irrelevant. I'm looking at the tickets now and it's really not that bad at all.

Game 1 and 2 - about 6 rows in top corners of north endzone and about 8 rows of top seats in the south endzone for about 4 sections. A few top row above the students. Northwest corner above the visitor seats has a few.

UNI look like it's selling better than those games

The last 3 games seem to be slower but that's Indiana State and Misery State. Let's see how it looks tomorrow mornings.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We can agree there but using Covid is no different than saying it's because we're not FBS. And I support moving up BTW.

But I bet you by the end of the day, most of the tickets will be gone and this post will be irrelevant. I'm looking at the tickets now and it's really not that bad at all.

Game 1 and 2 - about 6 rows in top corners of north endzone and about 8 rows of top seats in the south endzone for about 4 sections. A few top row above the students. Northwest corner above the visitor seats has a few.

UNI look like it's selling better than those games

The last 3 games seem to be slower but that's Indiana State and Misery State. Let's see how it looks tomorrow mornings.
    The Misery State game might be interesting. They are better than they have been in a long time...if you believe pre-season scuttlebutt they might be in the hunt for a playoff spot and that game might be important.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Have they said they are requiring masks? I've not heard that and will be livid if they did. I'm vaccinated and could use a booster. I have no interest in protecting the unvaccinated.
    All of the people who sit around us have young children at home. Kids too young to get vaccinated right now. We will probably wear masks to protect them as we are vaccinated. I could care less about unvaccinated people, with the exception of people who truly cannot. Heck, even my dog has to have vaccinations to go to the groomers.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    All of the people who sit around us have young children at home. Kids too young to get vaccinated right now. We will probably wear masks to protect them as we are vaccinated. I could care less about unvaccinated people, with the exception of people who truly cannot. Heck, even my dog has to have vaccinations to go to the groomers.
    Good point.....can't argue with the logic.

Valpo, Albany, Misery St, Indiana ST, USD...and to some extent UNI lets face it they are not what they were 10 years ago

Schedule sucks, and the prices they charge are stopping people, period
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

A few things -

1. People are still determining what the fall will be like with restrictions, etc. from COVID. People don't want to make plans if they are going to be cancelled in the future.

2. People don't like the opponents that are coming to the Fargodome this season. I was, and still am really looking forward to the matchup with Albany - they have a great QB and I personally think it will be a very good game, one that NDSU may lose. If my wife was not required to be within 2 hours of Madison for her job that weekend, we would be at that game.

3. For many fans, travel is a problem. Hotel prices have really jumped this summer, and we all see what has gone on with the price of gas. The "extra costs" to attend games may be pricing some fans out.

4. Lost of families have other evets and activities starting up this fall that they don't want to miss out on.

5. Some fans may be looking to future games and/or seasons. I am going to the Illinois State game because it is closer, and I am planning to attend a home playoff game in December this season. Next year, I am planning to go to the game at Arizona, so I will probably not attend any in Fargo (and I am really looking forward to the North Carolina A&T game, but being on the road 2 weekends in a row is a lot for my family). The same thing goes for 2023 with the game at US Bank Stadium. That game is much closer, and as much as I like the matchup with Maine, being gone 2 weekends in a row is a little much.

6. Watching the games on the ESPN platform is really easy for most, and it costs less than tickets, travel, and other costs.

7. NDSU fans have become bored and expect continued winning. The sustained success has made fan less interested in he "average" games and many wait until later in the season to tend. This is a fact. In the early 2010's, people were just happy to get tickets to any game, no matter ifit as against SDSU or Incarnate Word. Now fans have become more selective with who they watch.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think there are a lot of excuses listed in some of the above posts.

If we have a Trey Lance in the saddle, and we knew the team had the swag for a NC Run, we could count on 18,500 each week. The team has lost it's edge, so that is weighing on 2021 right now. Next year when our home schedule is . . . Boise, Wyoming, San Diego State, Air Force, Colorado State . . . with OOC at MN, at Oregon, and home to Cincinnati, all should be well.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I don't buy that. Everyone other than kids can be vaccinated, and those who are not vaccinated clearly don't care/understand the risk. Now, worry NDSU will do something dumb like cancel outdoor tailgating? I could buy that as a reason.
    Which will drive away the risk-averse.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I think there are a lot of excuses listed in some of the above posts.

If we have a Trey Lance in the saddle, and we knew the team had the swag for a NC Run, we could count on 18,500 each week. The team has lost it's edge, so that is weighing on 2021 right now. Next year when our home schedule is . . . Boise, Wyoming, San Diego State, Air Force, Colorado State . . . with OOC at MN, at Oregon, and home to Cincinnati, all should be well.
    Why I said we just need a QB to step up and start lighting up the scoreboard. Boom, problem solved.