Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor ticket sales

Default Re: Poor ticket sales

We just need a QB to start lighting it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I forgot they went on sale today. I'm so used to Aug 1st. Just checked a few games it doesn't look like a ton left but others look slow. But there is plenty of time

We sold 13,000 season tickets

A few reasons in no particular order

1) Covid RESPONSE Some people lost faith after last year. Maybe they think the games will be cancelled, they will have to wear a mask or tailgating will be cancelled. The team just hit 85% vaccination so we won't be tested

2) spring season may have cut into people's budget and covid hasn't been good for the economy

3) lots of people who are still not vaccinated. Maybe they are scared to go out in public due to the delta varient Lol at thinking that the unvaccinated people are the ones afraid. I think the vax is great but it is clear that the vaccinated folks are the ones making unreasonable demands. I havent met or even HEARD of one unvaccinated person ask others to wear a mask or stay inside or avoid crowds for their own benefit.

4) it's kind of a weak home schedule outside of UNI. Yeah I know Missouri State is good now but fans still think of them as a crappy team due to a decade of mediocre play -YES

5) price increases?

Guys its NOT BISON FATIGUE THO! Whatever you do, dont even let that thought creep into your mind. It couldnt be that we are in a division packed to the brim with programs that literally do not give 2 shits about football. It couldnt be that our average score over the last decade is approximately 38-7. It couldnt be that we've done literally everything there is to do at this level of football to the point where we are perhaps the most dominant program in college football history- not because we've risen to such unthinkable heights- but rather we're playing a bunch of F*cking high school teams for an entire decade straight. It couldnt be that the average fan believes we should be improving the dome, instead of sitting in blue and red cloth seats, staring a field with lines that look like they were painted by a drunkard. It couldnt be that the average fan wants to be able to buy a beer at a home game. It simply CANNOT BE ANY OF THESE THINGS, so F*ck you if you disagree!

You know what the real problem is??? those G.D. yellow jerseys and green helmets..... the whole program went to the shitter when we started allowing our players to dress like PUNKS on the field.... those Mother effin harvest helmets.... ruined everything...
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd be happy to be wrong but I don't think demand comes back when COVID is no longer dominating the news cycle. I don't even think COVID is a very big part of it anymore. Maybe it accelerated things or made some realize how easy it was to watch games this spring. But just look at attendance figures in the 2019 playoffs. The arrow has been pointing down in terms of demand since 2016 or maybe even longer.
    Correct. Using "Covid" as the reason people arent flocking to games straight up ignores all reality and is used by the #FCSForever Crowd to help them pretend that Bison Fatigue doesnt exist
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well I can tell you for a fact that they’re down at least two fully vaccinated season ticket holders for this very reason. I have no interest sitting inside for three hours with 18,000 people I don’t know. I’ll watch on TV and radio for another year and next fall we’ll all know more about variants and lasting immune response and members of my extended household will be another year away from immune compromising medical treatments.

Certainly not the whole answer but a contributing factor.
    Lol you just proved his point. The OP said that its UNVACCINATED people who are afraid to go to games. which is obviously not true.
    Its the Vaccinated people that are scared shitless to go outside again, even though the vax is extraordinarily effective. Seriously, if you have the vax and are still afraid, you are the definition of a science denier. Not alot of #TrustingScience going on with that crowd, (un)shockingly

I just bought tix to the UND game in grand forko. I literally didnt consider buying tickets to home games this year. and here were my reasons in no particular order:
    1. Home schedule sucks. I have no interest in paying over $200 for my family to see Albany Missouri state, or even UNI at this point. They arent good any more. UNI used to be incredible, they suck now.
    2. Schadenfreude is like heroine to me. There is nothing more satisfying as a fan than to go to a game where the entire opposing fan base has pushed all their chips in. They have placed their entire self worth on the outcome of the game, only to have the Bison rip out their hearts- indiana jones style - take a bite and spit it back in their face and laugh. I love walking into other teams bar scene and taking over. Its so damn satisfying lol. And for that reason, the UND game was the only real option on this years schedule.

I'll probably pull the trigger on a home game to take my boys (4/2), and we'll all fall asleep at halftime, and we'll enjoy ourselves. But honestly the only games I'm excited for in the future are FBS games, National Title games, and the US Bank game and some SDSU games. thats it. Sad really
    3. It's time to go FBS

FBS OR BUST. we have reached the Plateau 4-5 years ago

Trey Lance masked/saved us for 2-3 years.

Blame the administration for sitting on hands
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Correct. Using "Covid" as the reason people arent flocking to games straight up ignores all reality and is used by the #FCSForever Crowd to help them pretend that Bison Fatigue doesnt exist
    Fatigue has always been real but to deny a global pandemic that cancelled tailgating, limited fans, made us wear masks, cancelled game last year, delayed multiple games and kicked out the best team in the College World Series isn't an issue is laughable. It's possible it could be both. I mean we sucked last year. How is that Fatigue?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Lol you just proved his point. The OP said that its UNVACCINATED people who are afraid to go to games. which is obviously not true.
    Its the Vaccinated people that are scared shitless to go outside again, even though the vax is extraordinarily effective. Seriously, if you have the vax and are still afraid, you are the definition of a science denier. Not alot of #TrustingScience going on with that crowd, (un)shockingly

I just bought tix to the UND game in grand forko. I literally didnt consider buying tickets to home games this year. and here were my reasons in no particular order:
    1. Home schedule sucks. I have no interest in paying over $200 for my family to see Albany Missouri state, or even UNI at this point. They arent good any more. UNI used to be incredible, they suck now.
    2. Schadenfreude is like heroine to me. There is nothing more satisfying as a fan than to go to a game where the entire opposing fan base has pushed all their chips in. They have placed their entire self worth on the outcome of the game, only to have the Bison rip out their hearts- indiana jones style - take a bite and spit it back in their face and laugh. I love walking into other teams bar scene and taking over. Its so damn satisfying lol. And for that reason, the UND game was the only real option on this years schedule.

I'll probably pull the trigger on a home game to take my boys (4/2), and we'll all fall asleep at halftime, and we'll enjoy ourselves. But honestly the only games I'm excited for in the future are FBS games, National Title games, and the US Bank game and some SDSU games. thats it. Sad really
    Your a true fan.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Fatigue has always been real but to deny a global pandemic that cancelled tailgating, limited fans, made us wear masks, cancelled game last year, delayed multiple games and kicked out the best team in the College World Series isn't an issue is laughable. It's possible it could be both. I mean we sucked last year. How is that Fatigue?
    I'm not denying its a Factor, I'm denying that it is THE factor. Specifically the fear of the virus. If anything, people are afraid of the reaction to it- masks, no tailgating, limited capacity etc. They dont want to go to a game under those circumstances. especially to curb stomp indiana state again.

Covid doesnt explain why attendance has been dipping for 5 years straight lol. Bison Fatigue does. Covid has just accelerated the fatigue. We all know we're going to piss pound everyone on the home schedule. but now being told we have to wear a mask (or whatever the precaution(s) may be), still pay 55$ to sit in a potentially 25% crowd (precaution) to watch us piss poudn another high school team?? not worth it.

If we were hosting wyoming week one? even with masks, we would be at 100% sell out. The opponents and the quality of football is, and always has been, the #1 driver of fan engagement and its not even close.
    3. It's time to go FBS

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the casual sports fan lost interest over the last year or two. Not Bison specific but sports in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not denying its a Factor, I'm denying that it is THE factor. Specifically the fear of the virus. If anything, people are afraid of the reaction to it- masks, no tailgating, limited capacity etc. They dont want to go to a game under those circumstances. especially to curb stomp indiana state again.

Covid doesnt explain why attendance has been dipping for 5 years straight lol. Bison Fatigue does. Covid has just accelerated the fatigue. We all know we're going to piss pound everyone on the home schedule. but now being told we have to wear a mask (or whatever the precaution(s) may be), still pay 55$ to sit in a potentially 25% crowd (precaution) to watch us piss poudn another high school team?? not worth it.

If we were hosting wyoming week one? even with masks, we would be at 100% sell out. The opponents and the quality of football is, and always has been, the #1 driver of fan engagement and its not even close.
    Have they said they are requiring masks? I've not heard that and will be livid if they did. I'm vaccinated and could use a booster. I have no interest in protecting the unvaccinated.