Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: You wanted it? You GOT IT. NDSU vs. EWU US Bank 9/2/23

Default Re: You wanted it? You GOT IT. NDSU vs. EWU US Bank 9/2/23

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I hear you. I feel kind of the opposite though. I’m excited to see what this team can do. So many question marks. Interested to see the answers.
    Agreed.....we will learn a lot about this coaching staff this year. How have they recruited and developed a roster that is now 100% on Entz? How do they respond to getting throttled by SDSU and having to watch them celebrate in Frisco, knowing they bring back one helluva team?

Excited about the OL with Sundell at LT next to Zabel, the Williams/Marshall RB tandem, an improved interior DL (Eli Mostaert back, Derritt played well towards the end of the year, Duttenhefer and Huisman a year older), and Logan Kopp.

Hoping we can develop some unpredictability on offense and use the TE position again. Also wondering about the DE's and the entire secondary: who is going to step up?

Have some time to figure things out early in the year: the back to back home "bye" games against Western Illinois and Murray State may be huge going into that finishing 3 game stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm guessing some of it has to do with the fact that NDSU is a clear 2nd fiddle to another FCS team down the road this year. I probably have to go back to 2010 to find an FCS opponent I wasn't convinced that the Bison would beat if they played their A game. I think they're going to need more than their fair share of breaks to beat SDSU this year.
    Meh, everyone seems to think the bunnies are going to be unstoppable this year but I have my doubts. They have a history of losing games they shouldn't and we had them beat at halftime before choking it away. They have a really good team coming back and should be the favorites to repeat no doubt about that, the question is will they.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Nervous, heff. I’m nervous to see the answers.
    I choose to use the word “interested” instead of “nervous” but yeah they are basically synonymous…

To be fair, for me to watch Bison football is to be in a constant state of anxiety.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Agreed.....we will learn a lot about this coaching staff this year. How have they recruited and developed a roster that is now 100% on Entz? How do they respond to getting throttled by SDSU and having to watch them celebrate in Frisco, knowing they bring back one helluva team?

Excited about the OL with Sundell at LT next to Zabel, the Williams/Marshall RB tandem, an improved interior DL (Eli Mostaert back, Derritt played well towards the end of the year, Duttenhefer and Huisman a year older), and Logan Kopp.

Hoping we can develop some unpredictability on offense and use the TE position again. Also wondering about the DE's and the entire secondary: who is going to step up?

Have some time to figure things out early in the year: the back to back home "bye" games against Western Illinois and Murray State may be huge going into that finishing 3 game stretch.
    Great points.

I want to see our coaches build our defense back to a championship level. Feeling like we've been passed by SDSU is concerning. There's a trend building.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Head coach Matt Entz and the offensive coaches met after last season and had some forthright meetings about what the Bison offense needs to be. Coaches believe NDSU has its deepest and most talented group of receivers in the Division I era. Entz wants them to get the ball.

The head coach and others have hinted through fall camp that this will be a different Bison offense, more open and more willing to throw. Still based in the power running game, of course, but with more options to loosen up defenses.
    Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Fingers crossed.
    I had not seen that before. Yeah, I guess we will see, but I also agree with KS… Defense needs to get off the field on 3rd down.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm guessing some of it has to do with the fact that NDSU is a clear 2nd fiddle to another FCS team down the road this year. I probably have to go back to 2010 to find an FCS opponent I wasn't convinced that the Bison would beat if they played their A game. I think they're going to need more than their fair share of breaks to beat SDSU this year.
    I don't know if it's so much that as it is that NDSU is 2nd because they regressed. SDSU has been very good for several years, I think what we saw last year was NDSU wasn't as good as we were used to. I'm not trying to put down SDSU....they've been right there for awhile now, but clearly NDSU isn't as good as they were.

The disappointment to me is the momentum has been lost and there are fewer big things to look forward to.

It may be time for some new leadership of the Athletic Department. More things seem to be getting worse than are getting better, IMO.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I don't know if it's so much that as it is that NDSU is 2nd because they regressed. SDSU has been very good for several years, I think what we saw last year was NDSU wasn't as good as we were used to. I'm not trying to put down SDSU....they've been right there for awhile now, but clearly NDSU isn't as good as they were.

The disappointment to me is the momentum has been lost and there are fewer big things to look forward to.

It may be time for some new leadership of the Athletic Department. More things seem to be getting worse than are getting better, IMO.
    100% What scares me is looking at basketball and being ok with average... Does the AD think the same with football and ok with the coaching there?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

AD is a disaster. this debacle and fan energy and the horrible basketball program. he's on the hot seat or should be big time. too bad there's too many butt kissers around.

I think the NDSU EWU game will still have plenty of fans and it'll be fun to see NDSU get back to kicking ass
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post

Every successful sports program goes through this no matter the sport. Too many thought this would last forever. Look at the runs Alabama and TX had just to name a few. Ndsu was the leader in having a strength and conditioning coach in the FCS. Guess what? more teams have a SCC now. They are recruiting the types of players we recruit because they had to. They caught up to us. Not a big surprise. Another thing that was important is continuity of the coaching staff. Bohl mentioned how important that was. Look at our turn over.
    SDSU has out recruited out developed and out coached us this past year.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."