Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: You wanted it? You GOT IT. NDSU vs. EWU US Bank 9/2/23

Default Re: You wanted it? You GOT IT. NDSU vs. EWU US Bank 9/2/23

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Sure, Minnesota overall is fine. It's Minneapolis that has high crime. It's an urban issue more than anything else.

Minnesota violent crime: 3.16 per 1000
    Minneapolis violent crime: 13.42 per 1000

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/mn/minneapolis/crime
    People on here confuse Minneapolis with the rest of Minnesota; like apples to oranges. It's like saying Detroit is indicative of the rest of Michigan.

Sure, Minnesota overall is fine. It's Minneapolis that has high crime. It's an urban issue more than anything else.

Minnesota violent crime: 3.16 per 1000
    Minneapolis violent crime: 13.42 per 1000

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/mn/minneapolis/crime
    Is downtown Minneapolis where most of the crime is happening? Crime goes hand-in-hand with poverty.

Are people scared to go to downtown Fargo? I mean, it's way more dangerous per capita there than anywhere I've been in Manhattan, London, and Amsterdam (and those places have their per capita crime rates blown up by people who go there but don't live there.)

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Is downtown Minneapolis where most of the crime is happening? Crime goes hand-in-hand with poverty.

Are people scared to go to downtown Fargo? I mean, it's way more dangerous per capita there than anywhere I've been in Manhattan, London, and Amsterdam (and those places have their per capita crime rates blown up by people who go there but don't live there.)
    Tailgating should be fine. But downtime Minneapolis isn't a place I'd want to party all night long.

https://spotcrime.com/MN/Minneapolis/Downtown%20East

Tailgating should be fine. But downtime Minneapolis isn't a place I'd want to party all night long.

In that dataset there were exactly six incidents in downtown proper. Three of them were burglaries, one a theft and two assaults, one of which occurred at 3:00 am. If you add the warehouse district and the north loop you add one more burglary. I just don’t see much reason for concern there.
    Don't believe everything you think.

That is a large area... heck, I put the addresses of the perimeter incidents into google maps and it said it would take over an hour to drive the 20 miles.

OTOH, if you walked it, it'd only be 19 miles. And you'd get to see North Minneapolis, the U of M, Uptown, and almost get to the University of St. Thomas and Lake Harriet so it would be quite a tour. You wouldn't touch Downtown though.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Did she give any fucks tho?
    I’d wager she gives plenty of fucks bro.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    In that dataset there were exactly six incidents in downtown proper. Three of them were burglaries, one a theft and two assaults, one of which occurred at 3:00 am. If you add the warehouse district and the north loop you add one more burglary. I just don’t see much reason for concern there.
    You cant report what doesnt get reported or responded to.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

To be honest downtown Fargo is not great. I definitely hate walking downtown with the kids. I see more homeless people downtown Fargo than the strip on vegas.

Note to BV posters : if you're homeless, be homeless in a warm weather state.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    To be honest downtown Fargo is not great. I definitely hate walking downtown with the kids. I see more homeless people downtown Fargo than the strip on vegas.
    I live in The Twin Cities suburbs and have friends who regularly travel to/work downtown and it's pretty bad once the sun goes down. Of course in winter it's too cold for most of the thugs to drag their candy-a$$e$ out to do their thing.