Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: You wanted it? You GOT IT. NDSU vs. EWU US Bank 9/2/23

Default Re: You wanted it? You GOT IT. NDSU vs. EWU US Bank 9/2/23

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if NDSU was playing a FBS team here there'd be 40,000-50,000 like NDSU v Boise State or NDSU vs Iowa State or NDSU vs Nebraska...

FBS is key.
    Exactly! Tired of FCS. So is half of the NDSU fan base. NDSU blew it by not aggressively pursuing FBS after the 3rd straight national championship.

if NDSU was playing a FBS team here there'd be 40,000-50,000 like NDSU v Boise State or NDSU vs Iowa State or NDSU vs Nebraska...

FBS is key.
    And why would any of these 3 teams play in Minneapolis???

If any of those 3 teams really were willing to play NDSU, they could have a home game instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    And why would any of these 3 teams play in Minneapolis???

If any of those 3 teams really were willing to play NDSU, they could have a home game instead.
    Yeah I'm not sure what the point is
    College of Business Alumnus

point is for a "BIG EVENT" in a 72,000 seat stadium, NDSU should of went BIG that's what we said when this was announced
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

This will be the last they try this with another FCS team I can bet you that, it's not the only issue though, lots of factors against it right now. Ticketmaster can eat my shit I'm sick of being raped by them!

point is for a "BIG EVENT" in a 72,000 seat stadium, NDSU should of went BIG that's what we said when this was announced
    Please list any P5 team willing to give up a home game to play an FCS team in Minneapolis.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I’d venture say several things may be playing into low ticket sales. 1. Going to a game isn’t as difficult anymore, I.e. you can easily get tickets to home games now. 2. The whole bison “fatigue” everyone talks about 3. Last year was the first year In a while there wasn’t a have to watch superstar on the team 4. Families budgets are getting ever tighter. 5. The opponent seems to be lackluster

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I’d venture say several things may be playing into low ticket sales. 1. Going to a game isn’t as difficult anymore, I.e. you can easily get tickets to home games now. 2. The whole bison “fatigue” everyone talks about 3. Last year was the first year In a while there wasn’t a have to watch superstar on the team 4. Families budgets are getting ever tighter. 5. The opponent seems to be lackluster
    Yep, agree with all those. Our personal discretionary spending has been curbed significantly the last couple years and it's only getting worse. It's way cheaper to watch at home or a bar and have just as much fun right now. Until pricing starts to become more reasonable or we aren't spending more on everyday things again I don't see attendance numbers heading the other direction. Tickets are only part of it too, concessions are ridiculous, parking fees, etc.

I'm coming up from SC. Can't miss a chance to see a game in us bank. Even got an old roommate to come who hasn't followed bison since he graduated in 1993.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Please list any P5 team willing to give up a home game to play an FCS team in Minneapolis.
    I'd be interested to know how many P5's would even play a G5 in Minneapolis. I just don't see what the benefit is to them other than UM, and I presume they would prefer to play at their own stadium.
    College of Business Alumnus