Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: You wanted it? You GOT IT. NDSU vs. EWU US Bank 9/2/23

Default Re: You wanted it? You GOT IT. NDSU vs. EWU US Bank 9/2/23

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    That would be an option for this game that won't be sold out. We've done that and by the time the train gets to the airport, there is no room for anyone to get on. One time there was a guy in a Chewbacca costume with a Vikings jersey and we tried to squeeze in even more, but we were already packed in shoulder to shoulder.
    it’s a subway car. If you try to go someplace at the exact same time everyone else is they fill up with people. If that’s not your thing plan to leave earlier/stay later or arrange another way of getting to/from your event. If you prefer you can wait in your car not moving for a half an hour getting out of a parking ramp. Bottom like if your going somewhere with 10s of thousands of other people, don’t forget to pack your patience.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    1 in 100 chance of getting robbed or car jacked any given day, LOL. that would imply every citizen is victimized in such a way roughly 3.5 times per year. This is wrong by several orders of magnitude.
    Yes, the 1 in a 100 was figurative, lol, I guess not so obvious, and was meant to illustrate that 99+ percent of folks will be fine. That doesn't mean that the city is safe relative to reasonable and historical expectations. I'll be at the game with my son, but will not stay around downtown after. My wedding reception was at Nicollet Island...I used to love swinging down there during weekend evenings. So yes everyone, attend the game, be safe, but just beware it is not the same level of safety as it was in 2019 or earlier.

Audit, years back I used to enjoy your statistical analysis, usually accompanied by reasonable discourse. In recent years, it seems you go quickly to personal attacks vs. rational discourse. What happenened? Seems indicative of our collective inability to have basic polite discourse. Yes, I can provide actual statistics to the discussion with sources, like 200 businesses damaged by arson since 2020 (Fbi and Star Tribune), 1500 businesses damaged (same source). Anecdotal examples have meaning too...my neighbor's brother shot and killed while driving home from coaching baseball - Jay Boughton was his name. 3 doors down, a 2nd neighbor's nephew was killed in a robbery - his name was Blake Swanson and he was 20.

Very long rant, I know...for many of us living in the Twin Cities, this isn't some blood sport debate, its real. Folks, definitely come on down and enjoy, but be safe and aware its not the same as in 2019.

Audit, I haven't name called or personally atracked. My ask of you is to elevate and do the same. Let's be better as Bison Alum.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    So having 3 instances of windows of local businesses being shot out within a half mile of my Brooklyn Park home for the first time in 20 years is a figment of my imagination? Yes, having a 1 in 100 chance of being robbed or carjacked on any given day means 99% of you will be just fine, but that is actually a horrible ratio for any city, especially compared to how things were just 5 years ago. I would dare you (not) to take scenic night time pics with your cell phone from the stone Arch bridge after 10pm. Just a 10 minute walk from U.S. bank. That would have been very safe to do 5 years ago. No resident in their right mind would do that now.

I would have excused this lack of realistic understanding to living in Fargo, since no major crime or murder happens there...but no one can have that excuse with the events of this summer.
    I'm not sure how sheltered a life I've lived, nor am I sure that people who live in Fargo can say there isn't much crime there. There are some big problems in MSP, but people are turning into hysterical nitwits over every little damn thing, while ignoring some pretty obvious problems that have nothing to do with the people actually living in Minneapolis.

Yes, the 1 in a 100 was figurative, lol, I guess not so obvious, and was meant to illustrate that 99+ percent of folks will be fine. That doesn't mean that the city is safe relative to reasonable and historical expectations. I'll be at the game with my son, but will not stay around downtown after. My wedding reception was at Nicollet Island...I used to love swinging down there during weekend evenings. So yes everyone, attend the game, be safe, but just beware it is not the same level of safety as it was in 2019 or earlier.

Audit, years back I used to enjoy your statistical analysis, usually accompanied by reasonable discourse. In recent years, it seems you go quickly to personal attacks vs. rational discourse. What happenened? Seems indicative of our collective inability to have basic polite discourse. Yes, I can provide actual statistics to the discussion with sources, like 200 businesses damaged by arson since 2020 (Fbi and Star Tribune), 1500 businesses damaged (same source). Anecdotal examples have meaning too...my neighbor's brother shot and killed while driving home from coaching baseball - Jay Boughton was his name. 3 doors down, a 2nd neighbor's nephew was killed in a robbery - his name was Blake Swanson and he was 20.

Very long rant, I know...for many of us living in the Twin Cities, this isn't some blood sport debate, its real. Folks, definitely come on down and enjoy, but be safe and aware its not the same as in 2019.

Audit, I haven't name called or personally atracked. My ask of you is to elevate and do the same. Let's be better as Bison Alum.
    Uh, he did neither of those things. Rather, he highlighted the absurdity of your hyperbole. Perhaps you could try to be less sensitive and not takes things personally.

Also, the Minneapolis crime map shows not one single crime reported in all of 2023 on the Stone Arch Bridge or within a couple blocks of its ends.

Your neighbors brother? Shot while driving down 169 in the suburbs, not downtown. Road rage.

By contrast to you I don’t know anyone who has been victimized other than petty theft in all of my years in TC save one who was threatened but not harmed in any way. Again, not downtown. I have friends colleagues who still work downtown and I know two guys who own buildings downtown. They don’t complain of crime but rather lack of people and lunch options.

Again, nobody leveled any personal attack or called any names. Some errant hyperbole was simply disputed. Words are more harmful than guns when misused deliberately or carelessly.
    Don't believe everything you think.

About 5 years ago 3 people were murdered(gun violence) within 5 blocks of my house. 3 different misters all within about. 6 month span. In Fargo. I guess this place is as shorty as it gets.

I haven’t left my house in 1,800 days eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn’t some blood sport debate for me either. I live in the Twin Cities. It’s real for me too. 2019 is not the historical standard I would point to, partly because I wasn’t back in town then yet but mostly because it was a historical low point for crime rates all over the country. Minneapolis is safer today than it was the first time around for me 20 years ago.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Very short read in today's Strib "Readers Write" section. Two letters from downtown residents that paint the picture from the viewpoint of those who actually live there. The letter from Steve Millikan is telling the story exactly as I perceive it.

https://www.startribune.com/readers-...ory/600298354/
    Don't believe everything you think.

walking into US BANK last night there was A NDSU vs EWU sign that rotated on the video board outside....but most people had heads down going thru security..

inside the game. NOT 1. not even a rotated image or a small sign for he NDSU v EWU game. (whereas target field had the sdsu v Drake in the corner of scoreboard in a fixed spot...aka permanent.

stadium was great. I hole they have the cheese curds open during our game they are insane good

ps the construction is all over the place for walking its a mess. I would suggest drinking at the Vikings longhouse where the pre party is. then spilling onto the green area west of stadium

there is only a few tailgate areas northwest of stadium 2-3 blocks .. then on Washington northeast.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Smile Re: You wanted it? You GOT IT. NDSU vs. EWU US Bank 9/2/23

Matt Larson needs to put video screens in the ground at us bank stadium why isn't he on this what does he do eh?

Glad you didn't get mugged eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    walking into US BANK last night there was A NDSU vs EWU sign that rotated on the video board outside....but most people had heads down going thru security..

inside the game. NOT 1. not even a rotated image or a small sign for he NDSU v EWU game. (whereas target field had the sdsu v Drake in the corner of scoreboard in a fixed spot...aka permanent.

stadium was great. I hole they have the cheese curds open during our game they are insane good

ps the construction is all over the place for walking its a mess. I would suggest drinking at the Vikings longhouse where the pre party is. then spilling onto the green area west of stadium

there is only a few tailgate areas northwest of stadium 2-3 blocks .. then on Washington northeast.

I’ll never speak ill of Dave St. Peter again?!