Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Verbal Ashton Beers OT

Default Re: Verbal Ashton Beers OT

That sucks but he wanted to go to the Big 10

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cause ain't nobody love Beers more than Bison fans
    Yeah but have we ever stopped to think of whether the beers love us back?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

just like Ko Kieft & Breyvnn Span.... gophs gotta check out our list
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Any chance now that Bucky comes after him before signing day? That would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That sucks but he wanted to go to the Big 10
    I was promised by many here who have told me they are better human beings than me, that these kids EXCLUSIVELY want to play for national titles....

Wow, something must be deeply wrong with this kid's brain and family... doesnt he understand that we are THE national champions 8x in the last 10 years?

Why would someone say no to playing for the perennial national champions and instead play for a team that hasnt won a national championship since the 60s?

Truly is a mystery! I guess we will never ever ever ever ever ever ever know.... An enigma wrapped in a riddle
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I was promised by many here who have told me they are better human beings than me, that these kids EXCLUSIVELY want to play for national titles....

Wow, something must be deeply wrong with this kid's brain and family... doesnt he understand that we are THE national champions 8x in the last 10 years?

Why would someone say no to playing for the perennial national champions and instead play for a team that hasnt won a national championship since the 60s?

Truly is a mystery! I guess we will never ever ever ever ever ever ever know.... An enigma wrapped in a riddle
    For someone who loves calling out straw man arguments... this is decidedly one lol
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    For someone who loves calling out straw man arguments... this is decidedly one lol
    I have heard the "we play for national championships instead of bowl games" and "we would get WORSE recruits if we were FBS" ... literally 10x each on this exact website from the FCSers

Decidedly not a straw man. Yes its a straw man for this particular player, but it is a deep felt belief of the FCSers that our recruiting would be worse in FBS because we couldn't pitch national championships
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

I have heard the "we play for national championships instead of bowl games" and "we would get WORSE recruits if we were FBS" ... literally 10x each on this exact website from the FCSers

Decidedly not a straw man. Yes its a straw man for this particular player, but it is a deep felt belief of the FCSers that our recruiting would be worse in FBS because we couldn't pitch national championships
    I think there is truth to both sides of that.

There are some players that absolutely come here to play for championships (and for the realization that our players get noticed/drafted in the NFL) rather than (most) G5 conferences and lower level bowl games.

However, when you get a chance to play Big 10 ball and the coach promises you that you have a real shot at competing for a starting job, it's really hard not to take that opportunity as well.

Going FBS won't solve the issue at hand with this player most likely, and there's a chance we wouldn't have got him to commit initially to us if we weren't the top FCS school. I mean, he initially chose us over Buffalo, Toledo, EMU, CMU, ,MIAMI OH & AIR FORCE before flipping his commit to the Gophers. The FCS Forever crowd could easily make the argument that he saw us as better than the MAC, and the MAC is arguably a better conference than CUSA at least for the near future.

My argument would be that IF NDSU can continue winning conference championships AND has a realistic shot at decent Bowl Games, that we would likely get overall better recruits as a G5 than we do as FCS. But we would absolutely lose some players to a team like SDSU/Montana/Montana State if they are perennial championship contenders.

Just how many voices do you have arguing with each other in that head of yours? lol
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Just how many voices do you have arguing with each other in that head of yours? lol
    I mean if you ignore literally 100% of the words before and after that blurb, then yes you got me... lol. I mean context matters but I guess not to you
    3. It's time to go FBS