Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Default Re: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    well last year we'd be 13-12 if you took those 2 layups out. not exactly a "great" basketball season. and 17-16 in 2018-2019

Only 2 chances on that elusive 1st Power 5 WIN this year Arizona (56 rpi) Creighton (34 rpi)

Indiana State are average (105) 14-10
    UNLV is awful (217) and was 10-15
    Cal Poly was 3-20 (335)
    Idaho was 1-21

Lets see a 25-3 year. 1 time, schedule is a calkwalk.
    All you do is bitch
    I’m not surprised you and PL don’t get along
    You 2 are entirely to similar to get along
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I'm turning over a new leaf with basketball this year. Honestly, I think we've been pretty mediocre over the past few seasons, with spurts of achievement, and I've been harshly critical of DR. But I'm not gonna be that way this year. If I have a criticism, it will be measured and without invective. And I'll be looking for positives to tout as well. I want to enjoy the season, so I'm going to try to change my tune on BB. Of course, it will help a lot if we win a bit more. But either way, I'm going to try to have fun. I might even get back into season tickets this year. Still haven't decided. I just hate paying for the games against Concordia, Minot State, and Northland.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    All you do is bitch
    I’m not surprised you and PL don’t get along
    You 2 are entirely to similar to get along
    what are you talking about ? I am laying out the season schedule. there are legit 2 FOR SURE losses (Power 5 Zona/Creighton) after that it's Pud City, NDSU absolutely should go 25-3 with a great coaching output!!! how is that bitching?? PUMP IT UP!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

what are you talking about ? I am laying out the season schedule. there are legit 2 FOR SURE losses (Power 5 Zona/Creighton) after that it's Pud City, NDSU absolutely should go 25-3 with a great coaching output!!! how is that bitching?? PUMP IT UP!!
    Complaining about the schedule is bitching
    Nothing is ever up to your standards
    It’s atrocious
    TRUST THE PROCESS

I'm excited for this season. All key players back. Eady looks trimmed down, Nelson looks further developed, hoping a PG emerges... Gonna be a fun year. Picked out new seats on the East side.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm excited for this season. All key players back. Eady looks trimmed down, Nelson looks further developed, hoping a PG emerges... Gonna be a fun year. Picked out new seats on the East side.
    I'm thinking of going behind the hoop opposite the student section (I can't picture what direction that is). I started there the first year in the SHAC. Then later moved to the upper level cheap seats to save money. But I missed being closer to the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I'm thinking of going behind the hoop opposite the student section. I started there the first year in the new SHAC. Then later moved to the upper level cheap seats to save money. But I missed being closer to the court.
    I'll be right by you.

yes unbison. the schedule is softer then your mypillow.

so let's go 25-3 !!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I'll be right by you.

yes unbison. the schedule is softer then your mypillow.

so let's go 25-3 !!!!
    Good deal. Maybe I can finally meet the legendary El Chapo. We've been on the same side of many contentious topics in the past few years and yet I have no idea who you are. I think some people believe I'm just one of your psuedonym accounts. Lol.

Need some advice. I'll be in the LA area for work the weekend of Nov. 12th. Bison MBB plays at Cal Poly. Anyone been to a game there? Is it worth the drive up to San Luis Obispo to watch the game? Cal Poly was 4-20 last year so part of my thinking is that it might not be much of a competitive game.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I was able to attend practice yesterday and I'll be writing a full season preview article for reachingthesummitpodcast.com but a few quick notes:
    * Rocky Kruser is going to give Abmas a run for POY, he looked how he looked in the Summit League championship game last year all practice long....unstoppable
    * Grant Nelson was noticeably stronger and was also way more consistent shooting the 3, he even dropped one from NBA range
    * Andrew Morgan is going to be an absolute problem for teams in the Summit League, he's a grown ass man already as a freshman, struggling a little on positioning on D but he'll learn that, already a force down low on offense.
    * McKinney and Guy seem to be battling for the primary backup spot to Griesel at the PG spot, McKinney absolutely blew by defenders a few times to get to the rim but the outside shot was still a little shaky. Guy is really good at creating space and angles to pass and shoot but seems to be struggling to play defense the way Dave wants, he's also the smallest guy on the court so we'll have to see how that one plays out during the season.

Lastly, based on what I saw in practice I anticipate the starting lineup to be:
    1 - Griesel
    2 - Cook
    3 - Eady
    4 - Nelson
    5 - Krueser

I'll cover the rest of the players and what I saw in the article and post here when I'm done but figured I could share a few teasers.