Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Default Re: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    So where is NDSU with MBB and WBB TV? Does WDAY have dibs on that, or does Midco have the TV rights? Would like to see some statewide TV thru WDAY mixing in some wresting too . . . although I'm in the TCites and its ESPN+ for me either way.
    Pretty sure this was discussed before and WDAY has the rights with most of the BB games airing on their extra station.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    So where is NDSU with MBB and WBB TV? Does WDAY have dibs on that, or does Midco have the TV rights? Would like to see some statewide TV thru WDAY mixing in some wresting too . . . although I'm in the TCites and its ESPN+ for me either way.
    "majority of basketball and Olympic sports airing statewide on WDAY Xtra". WDAY Xtra I believe is on Midco and can get it on antenna in Bismarck. Not sure about other areas. Should be available online too.

https://gobison.com/news/2021/5/13/g...nications.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I would ride 30min a game with these guys & shorten the bench if you want to be 25-5

Greisel
    Eady. (or Willie Guy if he is legit)
    Nelson
    Morgan
    Rocky
    I'm still down w this lineup
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'm still down w this lineup
    How likely is it that the Morgan kid starts?

Unlikely, Id give the nod to a Cook, MHH, or McKinney instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Unlikely, Id give the nod to a Cook, MHH, or McKinney instead.
    Didn't think it would follow Richman's MO to put that many bigs out there at once. More likely starting another smaller guard and saving Morgan to spell Rockie or Nelson.

Greisel
    Cook
    Eady
    Nelson
    Rocky

I think thats the starting 5 we will see. With MHH and Morgan coming off the bench. Will be curious to see who wins out the back up mins at the guard spots between Dez/Kallman/Guy/Boden. Sure seems like a redshirt year for Streit, hard to see a ton of minutes for him this season. Just my guess anyways, going to be a fun season. The makeup and depth of this roster should allow the coaching staff some different options that will give opposing teams some real trouble.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Didn't think it would follow Richman's MO to put that many bigs out there at once. More likely starting another smaller guard and saving Morgan to spell Rockie or Nelson.
    He would have to be elite to start as a FR, i.e. Dylan Miller elite.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Greisel
    Cook
    Eady
    Nelson
    Rocky

I think thats the starting 5 we will see. With MHH and Morgan coming off the bench. Will be curious to see who wins out the back up mins at the guard spots between Dez/Kallman/Guy/Boden. Sure seems like a redshirt year for Streit, hard to see a ton of minutes for him this season. Just my guess anyways, going to be a fun season. The makeup and depth of this roster should allow the coaching staff some different options that will give opposing teams some real trouble.
    I'm really interested to see how the rotations work this year, I think the lineup you have would put our 5 most talented guys on the floor and I'm all for it but I'm wondering if getting Greisel off the ball more is going to be the goal. I could see us starting:

Guy or Dez
    Cook (Kallman/Skunberg)
    Greisel (MHH)
    Eady (Nelson)
    Rocky (Morgan)

This would likely make for better rotations at the other 4 spots but obviously leaves us without Grant Nelson in the starting lineup. I could see Dave not starting him and playing him as that early sparkplug off the bench like he did with Dex. There's definitely no shortage of talent on this years roster so will be interesting to see how Dave goes about it. I do think Rada and Streit will redshirt this season, at least they should anyway just because I don't think there are minutes there to be had. I listed 11 guys in rotation there already and usually by conference play Dave has it down to 9 or 10 at the most so it's likely somebody will be squeezed out already.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Locked up my new season ticket seats yesterday and was able to tack on the women's season tickets for $100, if you haven't been to a women's game in the last two years they are definitely worth that add on. Team started practice today and November 1st can't come fast enough, it's almost hoops season!