Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Default Re: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Wouldn't be surprised if Boden redshirted.

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    Lakes point makes a lot of sense on multiple levels...

1. The offense with Griesel at the point is not going away. Not saying he will start there again this year or that it will be the majority of minutes, but you will see this team use that offense again this year.

2. Willie Guy...the juco transfer, is a very good player. He led his team to a national championship and was the MVP of the national tournament. He was also the MVP of his conference. Guy and McKinney will compete for minutes and just watching his juco film, Guy is a more developed player at this point...so would be surprised if Guy does not win that competition.

3. Andrew Kallman, the Northern State transfer, played PG for the Wolves last year. He is more of a combo guard, but he is a good ball handler and distributor and will definitely help with the ball handling this year.

So there is three guys right there who can all play the PG position...only so many minutes to go around at that spot.

4. Finally, I like Dez as a player and I think he can be highly productive. But for him to truly reach his potential, he has to work on his outside shot...it is not very pretty or effective at this point. Taking a redshirt year would give him a chance to rework his shot (much like the Bison did with Jarius Cook) and give him a better chance of making a bigger impact on this program, just like Cook.

Richman is going to fall in love with Kallman. Book it. He's exactly the type of player Dave loves - solid, not flashy, won't commit TOs and plays defense. I just hope it does not come at the expense of others on the roster with higher ceilings...

He's going to get a ton of minutes and people on here will freak out. Mentally prepare yourselves.

I would love to see Dez start, but that would leave 2 good players off the bench. Our best starting 5 is probably:

1 Sam
    2 Cook
    3 Eady
    4 Nelson
    5 Kreuser

MHH can be 6th man and come in if Nelson or Kreuser pick up quick fouls. Plus you have Morgan, Dez/Guy, and I hope to see Kallman as a quality shooter off the bench. Boden could maybe RS, but he does fill a little bit of a need at the 2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I would love to see Dez start, but that would leave 2 good players off the bench. Our best starting 5 is probably:

1 Sam
    2 Cook
    3 Eady
    4 Nelson
    5 Kreuser

MHH can be 6th man and come in if Nelson or Kreuser pick up quick fouls. Plus you have Morgan, Dez/Guy, and I hope to see Kallman as a quality shooter off the bench. Boden could maybe RS, but he does fill a little bit of a need at the 2 spot.
    Dez needs to be a better 3 point shooter before I'd love to see him start. Huge liability to his game as is.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Dez needs to be a better 3 point shooter before I'd love to see him start. Huge liability to his game as is.
    I guess it's less about starters to me, and more about minutes.

IMO, the following folks should get minutes in these positions.

1). Dez, Kolllman, Guy (whoever performs and leads)

2&3) Griesel, Eady, Cook, MHH (split), Skunny

4&5) Rock, Nelson, Morgan, MHH (split)

Streit is the guy that makes sense to R-Shirt, plug in next year when Rocky is gone; possibly Rada.

I do like Cook starting . . . he seems to get out of the gate quickly (both havles). In games where we've started quickly, he seems to be the guy. I'd start Rock, Nelson, Griesel, Cook, Dez . . . with Eady, Kollman, MHH coming in quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Boden redshirted.
    I'd be ok with Boden redshirting, but I don't see it happening. Dave likes him and seemed to give him more minutes than he should have last year, IMO.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I would ride 30min a game with these guys & shorten the bench if you want to be 25-5

Greisel
    Eady. (or Willie Guy if he is legit)
    Nelson
    Morgan
    Rocky
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I talked to Sam yesterday outside of SHAC. dude is looking tough, he has hit the weight room. I told him 25-5 is the goal, make it happen and he said sure will

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So where is NDSU with MBB and WBB TV? Does WDAY have dibs on that, or does Midco have the TV rights? Would like to see some statewide TV thru WDAY mixing in some wresting too . . . although I'm in the TCites and its ESPN+ for me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    So where is NDSU with MBB and WBB TV? Does WDAY have dibs on that, or does Midco have the TV rights? Would like to see some statewide TV thru WDAY mixing in some wresting too . . . although I'm in the TCites and its ESPN+ for me either way.
    Dean B promised us in Sioux Falls 5 years ago that NDSU basketball would be on statewide and possibly fox sports north.. oh well, now he's a professor.