Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    sorry, ndsu facebook had a live pregame show. i just figured it was an exhibition. and ya i couldve checked the schedule
    It wasn't a pregame show, it's the weekly Bison Basketball coaches show...happens every Wednesday, thought you were such a big fan, you should know these things

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I might be in the minority but I actually like Sam at the 1. It creates matchup nightmares for the defense. Honestly your 1 shouldn't be your primary outside shooter anyway, your 2 and 3 should be and that's what we have in Cook and Eady. We also have bigs in Rocky and Grant that can shoot the 3 and both MHH and Skunberg can shoot off the bench (yes I know Skunberg went 1-10 in the exhibition but he was shooting well in practice so it'll fall for him eventually). Sam is there to create opportunities for mismatches and to be able to take the smaller guards that defend him to the rack for easy buckets. I do think we'll see him play on the wing more this year with Guy and McKinney fully capable at the point but if you're a 6'0 guard who would you rather have on you, a 6'5" Tyree Eady or a 6' McKinney...our size is excellent on the defensive end.
    I'd prefer someone who can create better off the dribble at the one. Ball screen action was much more effective with Vinnie than Sam for example. I'm down for whatever works though, just miss Vinnie and Rocky being able to ice games with simple ball screens down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I agree. I thought SAM was at the point out of desperation.

Guy/Mckinney aren't stepping up & No DC3 , that seems to be a major issue for this team.
    Guy played really well at the exhibition for what that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    It wasn't a pregame show, it's the weekly Bison Basketball coaches show...happens every Wednesday, thought you were such a big fan, you should know these things
    Chapo is too busy hanging with players grandma's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Chapo is too busy hanging with players grandma's.
    like i said, it flashed up on my faceboook, i dont do exhibition or d2 basketball games so i just asked. geez
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/0...aG7knhchdgO_bA

SI has us ranked #164 in the country. That sounds about right. SDSU and ORU are #114 and #125, respectively. I know these rankings are mostly meaningless at this point, but dang...Univ of Minnesota at #141. That is not very impressive.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Basketball is finally back tonight. This team has a lot of potential with nearly every player returning. SDSU, ORU, & NDSU are head a shoulders above the rest of the Summit League. I'd love to see the Summit champion go on another run in the NCAA tournament like ORU did last season. Hoping NDSU gets that chance this season.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/0...aG7knhchdgO_bA

SI has us ranked #164 in the country. That sounds about right. SDSU and ORU are #114 and #125, respectively. I know these rankings are mostly meaningless at this point, but dang...Univ of Minnesota at #141. That is not very impressive.
    That list was pretty garbage when I went through it. Joe Lunardi finished his preseason rankings and I'd say his fall much more in line with what I had in mind:

South Dakota State (107)
    North Dakota State (133)
    Oral Roberts (167)

He has Minnesota at 117 and the bottom of the big 10 for comparison. Minnesota is not going to be very good this year, wouldn't shock me if Kansas City pulls the upset tonight.

playing a D3 school should NOT count for anything.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Upcoming road games against Cal Poly, UNLV, and Arizona.

Typically, in past years, DR would start off with a terrible loss at a CP team that is abysmal, and it would spiral into 2 blowouts from there, with one being against a barely average UNLV team.

We'll see if anything is different this year.
    Although, last year we did have decent showings against Creighton and Kansas, so maybe he's figuring it out after 20 years.