Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Default Re: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I was able to attend practice yesterday and I'll be writing a full season preview article for reachingthesummitpodcast.com but a few quick notes:
    * Rocky Kruser is going to give Abmas a run for POY, he looked how he looked in the Summit League championship game last year all practice long....unstoppable
    * Grant Nelson was noticeably stronger and was also way more consistent shooting the 3, he even dropped one from NBA range
    * Andrew Morgan is going to be an absolute problem for teams in the Summit League, he's a grown ass man already as a freshman, struggling a little on positioning on D but he'll learn that, already a force down low on offense.
    * McKinney and Guy seem to be battling for the primary backup spot to Griesel at the PG spot, McKinney absolutely blew by defenders a few times to get to the rim but the outside shot was still a little shaky. Guy is really good at creating space and angles to pass and shoot but seems to be struggling to play defense the way Dave wants, he's also the smallest guy on the court so we'll have to see how that one plays out during the season.

Lastly, based on what I saw in practice I anticipate the starting lineup to be:
    1 - Griesel
    2 - Cook
    3 - Eady
    4 - Nelson
    5 - Krueser

I'll cover the rest of the players and what I saw in the article and post here when I'm done but figured I could share a few teasers.
    professor bum sounds good!

good report Bison08 Morgan is gonna be good, I just hope Dave lets him play alot.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If a point guard emerges out of all this, this team will be hard to beat.

r they gona run a full court press D?

Thanks for something to come out of practice!

Well in my view that means Guy won't be playing much in a Richmond system if he doesn't trust his defense...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    If a point guard emerges out of all this, this team will be hard to beat.
    Absolutely....

I was able to attend practice yesterday and I'll be writing a full season preview article for reachingthesummitpodcast.com but a few quick notes:
    * Rocky Kruser is going to give Abmas a run for POY, he looked how he looked in the Summit League championship game last year all practice long....unstoppable
    * Grant Nelson was noticeably stronger and was also way more consistent shooting the 3, he even dropped one from NBA range
    * Andrew Morgan is going to be an absolute problem for teams in the Summit League, he's a grown ass man already as a freshman, struggling a little on positioning on D but he'll learn that, already a force down low on offense.
    * McKinney and Guy seem to be battling for the primary backup spot to Griesel at the PG spot, McKinney absolutely blew by defenders a few times to get to the rim but the outside shot was still a little shaky. Guy is really good at creating space and angles to pass and shoot but seems to be struggling to play defense the way Dave wants, he's also the smallest guy on the court so we'll have to see how that one plays out during the season.

1 - Griesel
    2 - Cook
    3 - Eady
    4 - Nelson
    5 - Krueser

I'll cover the rest of the players and what I saw in the article and post here when I'm done but figured I could share a few teasers.
    Thanks for preview!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1 - Griesel
    2 - Cook
    3 - Eady
    4 - Nelson
    5 - Krueser

With your starting five, who are the top 3 off the bench? Hayes, McK, Morgan? How does Streit look, is he going to play this year?

In the championship game last year, Rocky could have drop kicked it and splashed it for 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    r they gona run a full court press D?
    bahahhhahaha. can you imagine watching a CBB program that presses AND runs n guns??!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    With your starting five, who are the top 3 off the bench? Hayes, McK, Morgan? How does Streit look, is he going to play this year?

In the championship game last year, Rocky could have drop kicked it and splashed it for 2.
    MHH, Skunberg and Kallman appear to be the first 3 off the bench, either Dez or Guy will get the run at the backup PG, I feel like Dave wants it to be Guy but he's not quite there yet. Morgan will play when Rocky is out of the game.

Streit looks bigger than expected, strong kid but Morgan is just significantly better at this point. I think Streit will get there, he has the skills but I don't see any minutes in the rotation for him this year so 95% chance he redshirts.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here's the full preview article for any interested.

http://reachingthesummitpodcast.com/...w-for-2021-22/