Who is going to redshirt?

533 In a row

Default Re: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Haman/Rada redshirt
    I'd redshirt Boden & Dez if they promised not to transfer
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Joe Lunardi released an obviously early ‘22 bracket. Jacks with a 14 seed.

https://t.co/NKCYctvU9F
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Haman/Rada redshirt
    The only person I would consider redshirting is Streit, unless his minutes are needed, and I suppose Rada could.

Dez? No, he's the guy until proven otherwise.

Let's hope that Morgan is the impact player that I think he could be.

Bison are the favorite in 2022, not the Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Haman/Rada redshirt
    Two PGs are on the roster, and you want to redshirt one?

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Two PGs are on the roster, and you want to redshirt one?
    Lakes point makes a lot of sense on multiple levels...

1. The offense with Griesel at the point is not going away. Not saying he will start there again this year or that it will be the majority of minutes, but you will see this team use that offense again this year.

2. Willie Guy...the juco transfer, is a very good player. He led his team to a national championship and was the MVP of the national tournament. He was also the MVP of his conference. Guy and McKinney will compete for minutes and just watching his juco film, Guy is a more developed player at this point...so would be surprised if Guy does not win that competition.

3. Andrew Kallman, the Northern State transfer, played PG for the Wolves last year. He is more of a combo guard, but he is a good ball handler and distributor and will definitely help with the ball handling this year.

So there is three guys right there who can all play the PG position...only so many minutes to go around at that spot.

4. Finally, I like Dez as a player and I think he can be highly productive. But for him to truly reach his potential, he has to work on his outside shot...it is not very pretty or effective at this point. Taking a redshirt year would give him a chance to rework his shot (much like the Bison did with Jarius Cook) and give him a better chance of making a bigger impact on this program, just like Cook.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is there a reason to even redshirt anymore? It seems like at this point the whole trade a freshman year for an extra year when the player has developed is a waste with the transfer system the way that it is.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

FBMIND is exactly right

and Oldmantutters probably is too, just play everyone b4 they transfer

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    Lakes point makes a lot of sense on multiple levels...

1. The offense with Griesel at the point is not going away. Not saying he will start there again this year or that it will be the majority of minutes, but you will see this team use that offense again this year.

2. Willie Guy...the juco transfer, is a very good player. He led his team to a national championship and was the MVP of the national tournament. He was also the MVP of his conference. Guy and McKinney will compete for minutes and just watching his juco film, Guy is a more developed player at this point...so would be surprised if Guy does not win that competition.

3. Andrew Kallman, the Northern State transfer, played PG for the Wolves last year. He is more of a combo guard, but he is a good ball handler and distributor and will definitely help with the ball handling this year.

So there is three guys right there who can all play the PG position...only so many minutes to go around at that spot.

4. Finally, I like Dez as a player and I think he can be highly productive. But for him to truly reach his potential, he has to work on his outside shot...it is not very pretty or effective at this point. Taking a redshirt year would give him a chance to rework his shot (much like the Bison did with Jarius Cook) and give him a better chance of making a bigger impact on this program, just like Cook.
    With last year not counting toward eligibility, Dez is a Freshman again this year. Redshirting for Dez? Idiotic gentlemen. Totally Idiotic move if he were to redshirt. He is playing his 2nd Freshman season as it is. if he Redshirts, he'd have 3 Freshman seasons. Is anyone wanting to be in school for 6 years?

The only guys it makes sense for to Redshirt are this years' incoming Freshmen. (Streit, Morgan or Rada). That's it, let's apply a little bit of sense here.

someone's gonna redshirt we can't dress 14 or 15. can we?