Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Default Re: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yea I don't post in exhibition games, d2, d3 games or womens game. nope sorry.
    So you’re saying that you don’t post during like half our schedule.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Orange ball is the Summit basketball that we will be using this year in league play (new this year).

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SDSU at #10 and NDSU at #25 in the first college insider.com mid-major poll of the season. We are going to have every opportunity to get 2 teams in the top 10 of this poll, would love to see it actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    SDSU at #10 and NDSU at #25 in the first college insider.com mid-major poll of the season. We are going to have every opportunity to get 2 teams in the top 10 of this poll, would love to see it actually happen.
    There is legit potential for the Summit to slowly creep up as a top mid major basketball conference and sniff two bids every handful of years. If SDSU, NDSU and one other program(ORU?) can continue to increase their talent level year over year, win ooc games and start winning more consistently in the NCAAs. Should be fun to watch the progression over the next 5 years or so.

I think we have the potential to get a 13 seed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    i think we have the potential to get a 13 seed this year.
    go 26-2 and get a 10 seed!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Imagine Rocky, Nelson and Morgan all on the court at the same time! Very unlikely though.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Imagine Rocky, Nelson and Morgan all on the court at the same time! Very unlikely though.
    I have suggested this lineup with Griesel at the 1 and Eady or MHH at the 2...and *gasp* play zone on defense. Then grab the rebound and just go punish teams on the offensive end.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I have suggested this lineup with Griesel at the 1 and Eady or MHH at the 2...and *gasp* play zone on defense. Then grab the rebound and just go punish teams on the offensive end.
    Is a potential with our length to SWITCH up our defenses a bit more-----not solely MAN and play some zone---i love zone on OB plays especially---avoid back screens etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Is a potential with our length to SWITCH up our defenses a bit more-----not solely MAN and play some zone---i love zone on OB plays especially---avoid back screens etc.
    Honestly with the lineups we will typically play we are actually at more of an advantage in man to man. If we are in zone teams can move the ball fast enough to get open outside shots. In man they are going to constantly have to work to get a shot off without a hand in their face and if they do get by someone on the outside Nelson and Kreuser are waiting to swat it anyway. We play zone against SDSU and ORU and they'll have a field day shooting the 3. We are better off in man until we start getting beat inside which I don't really see happening. With the lineup I mentioned however we'd probably have enough length to contest any shot even in zone, could be a fun change of pace, don't expect to see it though.