Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Default Re: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

did they play wed night?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    did they play wed night?
    No. Maybe because no game was scheduled.

533 In a row

Maybe the bb teams will get a little more focus this year? I'm as excited as I've been for either program in some time. I just wish I could go to some games in person.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    This would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    sorry, ndsu facebook had a live pregame show. i just figured it was an exhibition. and ya i couldve checked the schedule

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Seems like Griesel is starting 2021 season like he finished 2020, struggling from the field (only 1 game I guess) Everyone is concerned that McKinney is not a strong outside shooter, well, how about Griesel? McK is capaable of doing better than 0-7.

My point, Griesel is not suited to be scoring from the point. He should be playing the 3, and slashing to the basket, scoring for short distance, and cleaning up on the O-glass. His game not very suited to the 1, he could average 15 points playing from the 3, more around the basket. IMO, Mckinney is a better point than Griesel, and in the process of playing Griesel at the 1, his offensive confidence takes a hit with poor long range shooting. We basically lose a scorer playing Griesel at the 1 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Seems like Griesel is starting 2021 season like he finished 2020, struggling from the field (only 1 game I guess) Everyone is concerned that McKinney is not a strong outside shooter, well, how about Griesel? McK is capaable of doing better than 0-7.

My point, Griesel is not suited to be scoring from the point. He should be playing the 3, and slashing to the basket, scoring for short distance, and cleaning up on the O-glass. His game not very suited to the 1, he could average 15 points playing from the 3, more around the basket. IMO, Mckinney is a better point than Griesel, and in the process of playing Griesel at the 1, his offensive confidence takes a hit with poor long range shooting. We basically lose a scorer playing Griesel at the 1 IMO.
    I agree. I thought SAM was at the point out of desperation.

Guy/Mckinney aren't stepping up & No DC3 , that seems to be a major issue for this team.

Like Griesel at the point. Especially defensively. The real issue is a lack of perimeter scoring from all the guards. It would be nice to have a scoring pg that can create but we simply do not have that this year. With Griesel bringing the ball up it emphasizes more of a halfcourt game that gets Rocky involved.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I agree. I thought SAM was at the point out of desperation.

Guy/Mckinney aren't stepping up & No DC3 , that seems to be a major issue for this team.
    Not out of despiration, it's a choice. Not a good one IMO. I thought the 2020 move was a short term stopgap, not a way of life. Nothing personally against Griesel, I like his game. I just don't think we are playing to our/his strengths to continue this. Seems like its a recipe for long droughts in scoring. Kind of hard for other PG's to step up when you limit their opportunity. Thought McK stepped up well in 2020 overall.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I might be in the minority but I actually like Sam at the 1. It creates matchup nightmares for the defense. Honestly your 1 shouldn't be your primary outside shooter anyway, your 2 and 3 should be and that's what we have in Cook and Eady. We also have bigs in Rocky and Grant that can shoot the 3 and both MHH and Skunberg can shoot off the bench (yes I know Skunberg went 1-10 in the exhibition but he was shooting well in practice so it'll fall for him eventually). Sam is there to create opportunities for mismatches and to be able to take the smaller guards that defend him to the rack for easy buckets. I do think we'll see him play on the wing more this year with Guy and McKinney fully capable at the point but if you're a 6'0 guard who would you rather have on you, a 6'5" Tyree Eady or a 6' McKinney...our size is excellent on the defensive end.