Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

Default Re: 2021-2022 Men's Basketball Season

This really is a note to the moderators - but perhaps it is time to revise the subheading for WBB here. We have hearkened back to D2 days long enough. How about a new tagline that heralds the return of NDSU WBB to a competitive level in D1?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good to see the updates to weight and heights on the roster. Nelson now listed at 6'11 225, and Morgan at 6'10 230. Should rival the best front courts ever in bison history with that size and athleticism. Wish we could play more MVC games, turns some heads. Seems like we are sort of blackballed on the basketball side by everyone other than Indiana State and Mo State in the MVC. It's probably a, we'll play you at home, but we won't do a home/home kind of a deal with most of them.

Cant understand why there's not more juice about bison basketball. Going to be an epic season. The fans are pretty pathetic, need a jolt. If we could just get football to go 3-8.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm beyond excited, also excited about all the new updates with home games at the SHAC. Beer in seats and bringing back outside food vendors so can get a decent meal at the game are definitely big wins for fans in my book.

Excited for new season, new seats, new team, all of it. They definitely have the length, just need a true PG to emerge and spread it around to all the bigs and bang in some threes.

Eady looks trimmer this year than last year. Hopefully that leads to him being a little more explosive.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Good to see the updates to weight and heights on the roster. Nelson now listed at 6'11 225, and Morgan at 6'10 230. Should rival the best front courts ever in bison history with that size and athleticism. Wish we could play more MVC games, turns some heads. Seems like we are sort of blackballed on the basketball side by everyone other than Indiana State and Mo State in the MVC. It's probably a, we'll play you at home, but we woget soln't do a home/home kind of a deal with most of them.

Cant understand why there's not more juice about bison basketball. Going to be an epic season. The fans are pretty pathetic, need a jolt. If we could just get football to go 3-8.
    I told my buddy that this could be NDSU most successful basketball team ever if can get solid play at PG position. I want a SWEET SIXTEEN run!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I told my buddy that this could be NDSU most successful basketball team ever if can get solid play at PG position. I want a SWEET SIXTEEN run!!!!!
    If we can get some good non-conference wins (and the rest of the league does that too) so we can get a higher RPI, then sweet 16 could happen. If not, we'll be stuck at a 15 or 16 seed if we make the tourney.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    If we can get some good non-conference wins (and the rest of the league does that too) so we can get a higher RPI, then sweet 16 could happen. If not, we'll be stuck at a 15 or 16 seed if we make the tourney.
    The top 3 in the Summit with us, SDSU and ORU should definitely do our part, UMKC, WIU, USD and Omaha should be okay...little concerned UND, Denver and St. Thomas are going to be real bad and bring us down a bit this year. SDSU has Alabama, Nevada, Washington, George Mason and Washington St. ORU has Colorado St, Oklahoma St, Tulsa and TCU along with our schedule of UNLV, Arizona, Creighton and Indiana St. There's definitely wins to be had, UMKC also has Minnesota, Iowa and Missouri to open their season, their style of defense can be tough to go against early in the year so they could potentially pull one out too. I do think if the top 3 in our league stay consistent and get a few of those wins we should be able to get at least a 13-14 seed, I think we'll beat each other up a little too much to get to the 12 line.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    The top 3 in the Summit with us, SDSU and ORU should definitely do our part, UMKC, WIU, USD and Omaha should be okay...little concerned UND, Denver and St. Thomas are going to be real bad and bring us down a bit this year. SDSU has Alabama, Nevada, Washington, George Mason and Washington St. ORU has Colorado St, Oklahoma St, Tulsa and TCU along with our schedule of UNLV, Arizona, Creighton and Indiana St. There's definitely wins to be had, UMKC also has Minnesota, Iowa and Missouri to open their season, their style of defense can be tough to go against early in the year so they could potentially pull one out too. I do think if the top 3 in our league stay consistent and get a few of those wins we should be able to get at least a 13-14 seed, I think we'll beat each other up a little too much to get to the 12 line.
    What did Western IL bring in to lift them from the bottom group? They were not good last season. Also, I'd expect USD to push up into the top group.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What did Western IL bring in to lift them from the bottom group? They were not good last season. Also, I'd expect USD to push up into the top group.
    They brought in a few more transfers, one of their top recruits missed most of last season as a freshman with an injury so he'll be back to full strength and just a full off season in the coaches system should help a ton. Have to remember they lost a ton of players, basically started from scratch with their roster and had a new coach and system with no offseason to implement it last year due to covid. They have some talent and will be much more prepared this year, should be competitive in the middle of the pack.