Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for Volleyball to Step Up

Default Time for Volleyball to Step Up

I really thought NDSU volleyball would succeed at D1 level, so far its been below average.
    JLO is a NDSU legend, she was Incredible on the court and now she should get this program rolling.

NDSU should be dominating recruiting in the Twin Cities , especially with Minnesota Gophers being a top 5 team should leave some impressive players out of their roster.

Just watched this video and the volleyball camps today, got me thinking it's Time for NDSU to rise up.

https://twitter.com/NDSUvolleyball/s...894487557?s=20
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: Time for Volleyball to Step Up

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I really thought NDSU volleyball would succeed at D1 level, so far its been below average.
    JLO is a NDSU legend, she was Incredible on the court and now she should get this program rolling.

NDSU should be dominating recruiting in the Twin Cities , especially with Minnesota Gophers being a top 5 team should leave some impressive players out of their roster.

Just watched this video and the volleyball camps today, got me thinking it's Time for NDSU to rise up.

https://twitter.com/NDSUvolleyball/s...894487557?s=20
    Last coach really put us in a big hole recruiting and credibility wise.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Last coach really put us in a big hole recruiting and credibility wise.
    Ditto Maren Walseth., wbb, I know she's been gone a couple of years already, but still................

got it and there's been patience. I fully acknowledge that.

like the thread suggests. it's GO TIME

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Ditto Maren Walseth., wbb, I know she's been gone a couple of years already, but still................
    One has to remember the depths that the program fell to. The relationships that were lost in recruiting and its reputation . You dont build that up in a couple of years.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

They're on the right track. Hinze was a legitimate star/game changer as a freshman and Tanchin made huge strides late in the year.

They lost Hagerle to transfer last year, which left them with one setter (they had 2, but the second was a D2 setter who was injured all year), coming off a lackluster year. Johnson played much better last year, but JLo would ideally like to have, and play two setters.

They've been recruiting well, and if the get Bergen Reilly in the 2023 class, that's a legitimate program changer.

Also, the take that "NDSU should be dominating recruiting in the Twin Cities, especially with Minnesota Gophers being a top 5 team should leave some impressive players out of their roster." is a wishful and wholly unrealistic take.

You may want that to be the case, but that isn't feasible. Every B1G school hits MSP hard and other NDSU conference rivals do as well. While NDSU is our favorite school, there are plenty of reasons for kids from the cities to rather go to Omaha, Denver, or Cedar Rapids, than Fargo.

They have been recruiting very well lately. However, the emergence of St Thomas to D1 Summit League will make it that much more difficult in the Twin Cities.

With regards to Bergen Reilly ...
    Argus Leader 6/23/21: “Reilly said she expects to hear from: Kentucky, Minnesota, Nebraska, Purdue, Stanford, Texas and Wisconsin, among several others.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks BB. sounds good

MSUM hires Thompson as assistant coach....

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...ball-assistant

Quote Originally Posted by DukeTidalWave View Post
    They have been recruiting very well lately. However, the emergence of St Thomas to D1 Summit League will make it that much more difficult in the Twin Cities.

With regards to Bergen Reilly ...
    Argus Leader 6/23/21: “Reilly said she expects to hear from: Kentucky, Minnesota, Nebraska, Purdue, Stanford, Texas and Wisconsin, among several others.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And she committed to Nebraska today