Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Hedberg

Default Randy Hedberg

So all this praise on Carson Wentz has to at least be partially due to our qb coach, Randy Hedberg. This isn't the first qb he will have gotten into the NFL. I really wonder how big of an impact is he for our team? I'm also wondering if Brock would have had more of a chance at landing a spot in the NFL if he had been coached by Hedberg for a year or two.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Default Re: Randy Hedberg

More than one comment of "well coached" coming from Senior Bowl tweets.

I think it's safe to say that Klieman has done a suburb job in his first two years. He brought in (or in some cases, retained) a terrific coaching staff that the players respond well to and like.

Thank you, Coach Hedberg! Can't wait to see what he can do with Easton and Cole in the upcoming seasons.

No doubt, there also has to be something said for well Stick played getting thrust into the starting lineup mid-season as well. The players deserve credit but I'm sure they'd be the first to tell you so do the coaches and Hedberg worked with those guys more than any other coach (well, except maybe Kramer) over the last 2 years.

A quarterbacks only coach like Hedberg is kind of a rarity in the FCS, isn't it? Most programs probably can't afford that luxury. I think it is paying off big time here.

Likely will be here until he feels the need to retire too. Don't think he has any aspirations to be anything more than he already as he's already getting up there in age.

Got the chance to introduce myself to him last summer at the youth camps as he went to HS with several relatives.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    So all this praise on Carson Wentz has to at least be partially due to our qb coach, Randy Hedberg. This isn't the first qb he will have gotten into the NFL. I really wonder how big of an impact is he for our team? I'm also wondering if Brock would have had more of a chance at landing a spot in the NFL if he had been coached by Hedberg for a year or two.
    Hedberg absolutely deserves some credit for Wentz's success. However, with Jensen I just don't think he had some of the god given ability to be a pro QB, specifically the arm strength. Wentz, Hedberg, Polasek, Klieman all deserve a ton of credit for where Wentz is today, but I think all of them would admit Wentz has some natural talent and athletic abilities.

Again, nothing against Wentz, there are a ton of guys with the make up and talent that he has that never get any where close to where he is at.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach Hedberg is a GREAT asset to NDSU. He is a very likable guy that does recruiting in state and I think does a lot with coaches clinic.

He is a tremendous coach that COACHES UP our talented qb's with finer details to their position that helps them take their game to the NEXT level. (don't mean NFL--just mean improves their games)

I HOPE he continues to coach the game because what he does for our qb's is tremendous.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    This just cant be true. A couple of our resident experts have called him small time D2. So he couldnt of had any impact on our players. Even though he played in the NFL=---small time is small time. Right?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

He always seems so cool and calm. Seems like the perfect personality for a QB coach.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The hidden message in all the Senior Bowl run up is that NDSU has a superb coaching staff that can develop any willing recruit into a potential NFL prospect as well as any FBS team coaching staff... plus you get more personal attention at NDSU.... surely this is not being missed by FBS potential recruits who are likely down any FBC team depth roster...