Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dean Bresciani Stepping down

Default Re: Bresciani OUT

https://www.inforum.com/news/educati...nned-departure

This clearly summarizes why they (SBHE) did what they did: (i) dropping research funding, (ii) dropping research status, (iii) dropping enrollment, (iv) faculty unrest with general approach to decision making.

Not sure where MM and Port get their info, but you’d think they’d start with the newspaper they work at … I for one am pleasantly surprised that the SBHE actually cares about such metrics.

Maybe you can be a fan of NDSU athletics and not care about these trends, but I think I know how Joe Chapman, for example (since people like to bring him up), would feel about them …

12 years is a dang long run in this game and it sounds to me like he got a pretty sweet deal.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU should go out and find a "FUCK YOU LEGISLATURE " president now.
    Let us know how that works out.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Let us know how that works out.
    Yeah, how long did Baker last?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    POTY from Hammer.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    And it was good for none. Baker triggered the Legislature to getting more "interested" and rooting around.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He had a long run, time for some new ideas/energy.

He started off great and then things kind of went flat. Time for some fresh blood to get enrollment going the the right direction

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He started off great and then things kind of went flat. Time for some fresh blood to get enrollment going the the right direction
    I thought the SBHE was the driving force for lower enrollment at NDSU? At least that was the narrative that was posted here awhile back.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I thought the SBHE was the driving force for lower enrollment at NDSU? At least that was the narrative that was posted here awhile back.
    Like I said in the post to which you refer, that was cynical point of view.

From what I learned today, there's actually no need to be cynical about this. The history goes way back, and apparently by the time the funding model NDSU was pushing for got adopted, the tide had turned the other way, and here we are. Not sure where the blame for that would go, but change might be a good thing at this point.

Do yourselves a favor and look at the backgrounds of the members of the SBOHE. Tells you about all you need to know how they feel about Fargo and NDSU. They have shown time and time again that they care very little for the interests of NDSU or higher education in the state.

Look at where NDSU was when Bresciani came on board and look where we are now. We were closer to MSUM when he started than where we are now. All while fighting the people who are supposed to be helping.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*