Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dean Bresciani Stepping down

Default Re: Bresciani OUT

Same with the legislature trying to manage higher ed and making it a crime to accept research money from Planned Parenthood.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Do yourselves a favor and look at the backgrounds of the members of the SBOHE. Tells you about all you need to know how they feel about Fargo and NDSU. They have shown time and time again that they care very little for the interests of NDSU or higher education in the state.

Look at where NDSU was when Bresciani came on board and look where we are now. We were closer to MSUM when he started than where we are now. All while fighting the people who are supposed to be helping.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Same with the legislature trying to manage higher ed and making it a crime to accept research money from Planned Parenthood.
    https://youtu.be/JN99jshaQbY

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#Defund the SBOHE
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 07-02-2021 at 02:09 AM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.inforum.com/news/educati...nned-departure

This clearly summarizes why they (SBHE) did what they did: (i) dropping research funding, (ii) dropping research status, (iii) dropping enrollment, (iv) faculty unrest with general approach to decision making.

Not sure where MM and Port get their info, but you’d think they’d start with the newspaper they work at … I for one am pleasantly surprised that the SBHE actually cares about such metrics.

Maybe you can be a fan of NDSU athletics and not care about these trends, but I think I know how Joe Chapman, for example (since people like to bring him up), would feel about them …

12 years is a dang long run in this game and it sounds to me like he got a pretty sweet deal.
    How did ND's other research university perform in those same metrics over the last 10 years? Why weren't these brought up in previous evaluations and why were there no clear stipulations and suggestions for turning them around? How has the legislatures funding cuts and tampering effected those metrics? The SBOHE history with presidents and the NDUS is not something to be proud of by any means. Remember they hired all of these presidents they eventually run off too.

4 of the 6 board members either have direct or indirect and deep ties to one of ND's research universities and it's not NDSU. In fact the only member of the board with ties to NDSU is the student member who voted against the others!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    #DefendDefund the SBOHE
    FYP

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

You raise very valid points. I’m surprised that is the make up, but I believe you. Does Burgum make these calls? If so he needs to step up.

It may be that in this case it was combination of length of tenure and faculty input. I don’t know, but thanks for rekindling my cynicism for the SBHE

NDSU is far and away the best in terms of metrics, and my understanding is that things are even improving now, back toward previous levels. So yes, why would they suddenly care? I don’t know.

As a relative outsider, I’ll never understand the hate Fargo/NDSU thing. It’s like your left hand chopping a few fingers off your right hand, because the right arm is stronger ... yeah that'll slow em down ... it makes no sense at all and hurts everyone in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How did ND's other research university perform in those same metrics over the last 10 years? Why weren't these brought up in previous evaluations and why were there no clear stipulations and suggestions for turning them around? How has the legislatures funding cuts and tampering effected those metrics? The SBOHE history with presidents and the NDUS is not something to be proud of by any means. Remember they hired all of these presidents they eventually run off too.

4 of the 6 board members either have direct or indirect and deep ties to one of ND's research universities and it's not NDSU. In fact the only member of the board with ties to NDSU is the student member who voted against the others!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    You raise very valid points. I’m surprised that is the make up, but I believe you. Does Burgum make these calls? If so he needs to step up.

It may be that in this case it was combination of length of tenure and faculty input. I don’t know, but thanks for rekindling my cynicism for the SBHE

NDSU is far and away the best in terms of metrics, and my understanding is that things are even improving now, back toward previous levels. So yes, why would they suddenly care? I don’t know.

As a relative outsider, I’ll never understand the hate Fargo/NDSU thing. It’s like your left hand chopping a few fingers off your right hand, because the right arm is stronger ... yeah that'll slow em down ... it makes no sense at all and hurts everyone in the long run.
    The hate for Fargo outside of Cass county is real. The funny thing is when you ask people why, no one has an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    The hate for Fargo outside of Cass county is real. The funny thing is when you ask people why, no one has an answer.

Anecdotally, Fargoans can be a bit dismissive or ignorant towards anything west of Casselton. If I tell you I grew up in Jamestown, I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to explain where that is (this has happened more than once). Just one guy's experience though. Suppose other people have their own reasons for having negative opinions of Fargo and/or the locals.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Anecdotally, Fargoans can be a bit dismissive or ignorant towards anything west of Casselton. If I tell you I grew up in Jamestown, I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to explain where that is (this has happened more than once). Just one guy's experience though. Suppose other people have their own reasons for having negative opinions of Fargo and/or the locals.
    The line is Mapleton and not Casselton anymore.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    People east of casselton don’t care about people west of casselton (except for sending their tax revenue their direction for the 120 of the last 125 years). People west of casselton HATE the people east of casselton.

It does bring up a very interesting point though, what’s more North Dakota? Fargo, GF, Bismarck where the people live? Or the other 99% of the land in the state where no one does.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*