Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Augie to start D1 hockey

Default Re: Augie to start D1 hockey

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I suspect you are in the minority on this topic.
    Yeah, I agree. This is an interest among a minority of fans and it will never happen. But I do think it would be cool.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Yeah, I agree. This is an interest among a minority of fans and it will never happen. But I do think it would be cool.
    If I win the lottery, I'm first going to help move football up. Then, if I win the lottery AGAIN, here comes NDSU D1 hockey. Oh yeah, and also I'll help all the starving kids in Africa.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I suspect you are in the minority on this topic.
    Could be in the minority on this site but I doubt it outside of here. Scheels Arena would sellout with the likes of UND, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Duluth and so on in town. To bad Moorhead couldn’t get it done when they pushed for a D1 program. Yes I’m bias but I think they dropped the ball by not pursuing to get a D1 team. With that said let me have it

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Here we go; good idea from Augie. First smart D1 move I've seen from them; if they are smart, this is all:

https://www.argusleader.com/story/ne...aa/5295016001/
    Except they don't need to go DI to have a DI hockey program.

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Could be in the minority on this site but I doubt it outside of here. Scheels Arena would sellout with the likes of UND, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Duluth and so on in town. To bad Moorhead couldn’t get it done when they pushed for a D1 program. Yes I’m bias but I think they dropped the ball by not pursuing to get a D1 team. With that said let me have it
    You may be right about that. I’m probably in more of a minority in that I grew up playing hockey and now don’t have much interest in it altogether, and that includes NDSU having a D1 program.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yep, which is why I said don't do anything else. With that said, Zim in an article said they are still looking at D1 for all, but they have pushed it off. I think the Summit snub really gave them a huge dose of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yep, which is why I said don't do anything else. With that said, Zim in an article said they are still looking at D1 for all, but they have pushed it off. I think the Summit snub really gave them a huge dose of reality.
    Feels like the opposite of the NDSU decision back in the day. DI hockey or full-DI. NDSU tried for hockey first, but changed course when the hockey arena votes failed. Augie tried for full-DI first, then changed course when the Summit turned them down.

Good move for Augie, this can be their DI niche.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yes they do. The rule that allowed non-D1 teams to play D1 hockey changed a few years back (existing teams were grandfathered in).

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I agree with Chapo on most things football- and basketball-related, but on this topic we must part ways. I love college hockey. Never played the sport, but am a big fan. I would kill for NDSU to start D1 hockey. I hate that UND has everything we have as well as something we don't. We could start a team, play at a the very nice Scheels Arena, and get the red carpet rolled out to us from the WCHA on day 1.
    You do realize the WCHA is nearly dead? 2 teams in AK, no 2021-2022 season, no comissioner?