Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Augie to start D1 hockey

Default Re: Augie to start D1 hockey

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    im not even gonna waste my time going to find the pictures of 850 fans at regionals over the years.
    it's a cute niche sport, congrats on all the d2 d3 universities playing it
    But you waste your time continually posting about how much you dont care. ?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Have you hockey proponents considered the costs of start-up ? You know that with a men's puck team there will have to be a women's team, right? If not, that's a Title IX law suit, NCAA investigation just waiting to happen........or, does NDSU eliminate some men's sports like wrestling, baseball, golf, et al? I, as a TM member, would be pissed off as hell if the AD started eliminating men's sports in order to have the finances to fund a men's and women's puck team. UND wrote the script on what happens when you eventually eliminate a women's sport such as hockey, and it would happen due to the money drain. Speaking of drains, it would be similar to ML taking wads of cash and flushing it down the shitter.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Have you hockey proponents considered the costs of start-up ? You know that with a men's puck team there will have to be a women's team, right? If not, that's a Title IX law suit, NCAA investigation just waiting to happen........or, does NDSU eliminate some men's sports like wrestling, baseball, golf, et al? I, as a TM member, would be pissed off as hell if the AD started eliminating men's sports in order to have the finances to fund a men's and women's puck team. UND wrote the script on what happens when you eventually eliminate a women's sport such as hockey, and it would happen do to the money drain. Speaking of drains, it would be similar to ML taking wads of cash and flushing it down the shitter.
    Chill the fuck out. Nobody is clamoring for hockey. Some have said that it would be coolz but that's the extent of it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Chill the fuck out. Nobody is clamoring for hockey. Some have said that it would be coolz but that's the extent of it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    "Fuck out"?????? Is that like passing out ? I would like to get "fucked out".........hasn't happen since high school (damn, those Norwegian girls were hot). Back on topic..... errr, what was the topic?

"Fuck out"?????? Is that like passing out ? I would like to get "fucked out".........hasn't happen since high school (damn, those Norwegian girls were hot). Back on topic..... errr, what was the topic?
    Augi starting a hockey team. (NOT NDSU).

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Augi starting a hockey team. (NOT NDSU).
    (What smart universities do)
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Have you hockey proponents considered the costs of start-up ? You know that with a men's puck team there will have to be a women's team, right? If not, that's a Title IX law suit, NCAA investigation just waiting to happen........or, does NDSU eliminate some men's sports like wrestling, baseball, golf, et al? I, as a TM member, would be pissed off as hell if the AD started eliminating men's sports in order to have the finances to fund a men's and women's puck team. UND wrote the script on what happens when you eventually eliminate a women's sport such as hockey, and it would happen due to the money drain. Speaking of drains, it would be similar to ML taking wads of cash and flushing it down the shitter.
    Simple. Men's Ice Hockey, Women's Lacrosse added as the offsetting sport. Added bonus that Lacrosse is cheaper than running a women's hockey program AND lacrosse is growing huge in the upper Midwest with a natural recruiting ground in the Twin Cities area. Scheel's Arena is just sitting there for the taking. Perfect size for D1 hockey, so the largest obstacle to starting a program is not an issue for NDSU. Fargo metro area has a very large youth hockey following with FYHA, WFHA, Fargo Angels, MYHA not to mention all the surrounding area teams. D1 NDSU would work and be successful if the Bison every wanted to start it up. I dare say inside 20 years you'd be stealing the spotlight from UND.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Simple. Men's Ice Hockey, Women's Lacrosse added as the offsetting sport. Added bonus that Lacrosse is cheaper than running a women's hockey program AND lacrosse is growing huge in the upper Midwest with a natural recruiting ground in the Twin Cities area. Scheel's Arena is just sitting there for the taking. Perfect size for D1 hockey, so the largest obstacle to starting a program is not an issue for NDSU. Fargo metro area has a very large youth hockey following with FYHA, WFHA, Fargo Angels, MYHA not to mention all the surrounding area teams. D1 NDSU would work and be successful if the Bison every wanted to start it up. I dare say inside 20 years you'd be stealing the spotlight from UND.

lol. no. no one outside 1% care about hockey
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    lol. no. no one outside 1% care about hockey
    Oh no chapo responds but he doesn’t care about hockey

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Augie, Trev Alberts on Line 1, he has advice for you and a sharp scissors. Your fate has been sealed as a DI non factor.