Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed 12 Team FBS Playoff

Default Re: Proposed 12 Team FBS Playoff

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    If the money ever becomes good enough in G5 I see no reason the Valley couldn't move up en masse, or at least a coalition of Valley schools and Big Sky schools form a new conference and move up to FBS together. I'm sure NDSU isn't the only school in the conference (nor the only FCS school west of the Mississippi) keeping an eye on these developments.
    It sounds harsh but there is only 1 MVFC school that has a viable shot to make it happen in FBS..we know which one. YSU, ISU-B, ISU-R, WIU, SIU cant even travel to the Dakotas all the time let alone be FBS. Missouri St would have a chance if they could turn around that program being in Springflied and all.

SDSU cant get 15K to their stadium for "big" FCS games and not to mention being in Brookings VS Sioux Falls. Its no different in Vermillion except the Dakota Dome isnt up to par IMHO

NDSU has Facilities, Support, and airport 1 mile from campus, plenty of hotels, in a Decent sized Metro. All my opinion but the pipe dream of an MVFC/BSC hybrid FBS league isn't going to happen as its the same situation in the BSC, I do see possibly UC-Davis maybe making a push but even that will be very hard.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Just let me know what my share is.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Location isn't everything for FBS success. For examples, Kansas State is in a city of 55,000 (including students) and is 2-3 hours from Kansas City. Oklahoma State is in a city of 50,000 (again, including students) but the corporate jets line up at the regional airport like tailgate rigs on game day. Granted, Stillwater is about 1-2 hours from either OKC or Tulsa, but most attendees are not from Stillwater. University of Texas - El Paso is about as far from anywhere as possible yet pulls off FBS football in a city with a very low median income. Alumni financial support is key to making those programs successful and filling out stadiums. Once well-heeled alumni decide FBS is the direction of NDSU football, then and only then, will it happen. It won't be about low end TM donations.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I believe that once ML walks up to the podium and says: "Folks, NDSU fully intends to pursue moving up to the next division of colligate football in the FBS. We are currently engaging with and talking with ADs from conference in our region to gauge interest of adding us to their respective conferences." Once this happens, you will see the money flow from high end donors and everyone will rejoice in the streets!! The End
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Coastal Carolina would have been in the College Football Playoff last year with a 12 team tournament! Freaking Coastal Carolina!!! NDSU can do that I fully believe that NDSU could do it more regularly than teams like that. The AAC has great teams, Cinci, Memphis, UCF alike all have down years and all are beatable. If NDSU got a shot once every 3-5 years to represent a conference in the Playoff then that alone would be more than worth it PERIOD!!!

Pullman Washington and Corvallis Oregon are also a little off the beaten path. I'm not sure, but I would guess large jets need to land in Eugene and then bus up to Oregon State. Maybe it's a similar setup for Pullman?

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    Location isn't everything for FBS success. For examples, Kansas State is in a city of 55,000 (including students) and is 2-3 hours from Kansas City. Oklahoma State is in a city of 50,000 (again, including students) but the corporate jets line up at the regional airport like tailgate rigs on game day. Granted, Stillwater is about 1-2 hours from either OKC or Tulsa, but most attendees are not from Stillwater. University of Texas - El Paso is about as far from anywhere as possible yet pulls off FBS football in a city with a very low median income. Alumni financial support is key to making those programs successful and filling out stadiums. Once well-heeled alumni decide FBS is the direction of NDSU football, then and only then, will it happen. It won't be about low end TM donations.
    It's OK to not be OK.

If you read the proposal, it's not very good. Basically only the power 5 conference champions get in and no auto bids from the G5 except 1 who would probably be ranked last

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you read the proposal, it's not very good. Basically only the power 5 conference champions get in and no auto bids from the G5 except 1 who would probably be ranked last
    So basically the top 1-3 teams from the P5s plus Notre Dame & 1 G5 or 2 G5s if Notre Dame isn't good.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    and as soon as more than 1 G5 gets in, the P5's finally break off to do their own thing. Then the NCAA can take control of it again and just call it DI.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s the top 6 rated conference champs. Norte Dame is in a spot though for be independent.