Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NCAA Tournament

Default Re: NCAA Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If I recall they were ranked just outside the seeded group so this probably isn't a huge upset. The Bison got a tough draw with the top 2 teams.
    Correct....depending on which poll you look at, UCI was anywhere from 15th - 17th....they are always a contender, solid pitching/defense, and guys who take quality AB's and battle at the plate.

Difference to me, is two-fold:

1) As many have said before, pitching. To get to the upper echelon in the college baseball world, you have to be able to run out at least two "Friday night starters"...see Vanderbilt with Rocker and Leiter. You watch these regional games, you see teams running out kids throwing at least low 90's, with some having bigger, power arms who work in the mid 90's consistently, with wipeout breaking pitches.
    2) Line-up depth. I'll give credit to my old college teammate, Coach Pearson...he has those kids taking a great approach at the plate; however, we just don't have the luxury of a lot of the top-tier teams, as they can fill four-five spots (if not more) in their line-up with Hostetler type hitters. Not a knock on the current roster, just a fact.

Be nice to see us grab some of these kids away from Minnesota/Nebraska/other P5 in the recruiting game...but, as with anything, that poses a challenge. Hell, one of Schwabe's college teammates at Boone is currently the lead-off hitter for NC State and hitting well over .300....would have been a solid package deal.

At any rate....helluva season by the boys and hopefully they can keep that momentum going forward.

Will NDSU allow Feeney to pitch again for the Governors? I believe hes still eligible.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Will NDSU allow Feeney to pitch again for the Governors? I believe hes still eligible.
    Wouldn't he be more apt to play in the Northwoods or some other amateur summer league with better competition?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Top MLB draftee for each NCAA tourney team

4) North Dakota State: Bennett Hostetler, SS*-- The Summit League player of the year after hitting .391/.514/.584 with eight homers and 18 steals, Hostetler offers average speed and arm strength along with on-base ability and versatility.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Stanford moving onto Omaha. They looked sharp vs Texas Tech.

Virginia just punched their ticket to Omaha with a 5 2 win over Dallas Baptist. Did it the hard way by winning the last two games. Was cheering for DB to win; also cheer for teams that have never been to the CWS.