Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach Justin St. Clair to Nebraska

Default Coach Justin St. Clair to Nebraska

How does NDSU replace a guy like Coach St. Clair?

This guy developed/coached more amazing Bison men and women throwers than one can hardly count.

NDSU's reputation as a both a regional and national track & field power has risen to great heights during his time here.

https://huskers.com/news/2021/5/29/t...-st-clair.aspx

Default Re: Coach Justin St. Clair to Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    How does NDSU replace a guy like Coach St. Clair?

This guy developed/coached more amazing Bison men and women throwers than one can hardly count.

NDSU's reputation as a both a regional and national track & field power has risen to great heights during his time here.

https://huskers.com/news/2021/5/29/t...-st-clair.aspx
    Impossible to fill his shoes at the same caliber of a coach that Justin is. I am a little surprised it was Nebraska that snagged him as I had expected SEC country. But perhaps staying relatively close to the upper Midwest had a bearing as his wife is from Thief River Falls I believe.

That said now what for a replacement? Riley Dolezal? Otterdahl?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tke View Post
    Impossible to fill his shoes at the same caliber of a coach that Justin is. I am a little surprised it was Nebraska that snagged him as I had expected SEC country. But perhaps staying relatively close to the upper Midwest had a bearing as his wife is from Thief River Falls I believe.

That said now what for a replacement? Riley Dolezal? Otterdahl?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Alex Renner. He's a great replacement. Maybe Riley for jav.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

I’m curious as to why there has been no announcement out of NDSU yet on this or anything in the news that I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJump View Post
    I’m curious as to why there has been no announcement out of NDSU yet on this or anything in the news that I’ve seen.
    They are interviewing candidates now. They contacted Alex Renner early on. If it's not him, then my guess is that he turned it down to continue teaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    They are interviewing candidates now. They contacted Alex Renner early on. If it's not him, then my guess is that he turned it down to continue teaching.
    I guess my curiosity is more about why there is no news about him leaving. If it was me leaving I’d fully understand. If it was the QB coach leaving the FB team it would have been headlining the sports page. I realize I’ve kind of answered my question but you’d think there’d be interest in a guy with his record (including coaching the only Bison competing in the Olympics) leaving the program. It’s kind of big news but I’m admittedly biased.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/track...nt-track-coach

Pflaumbaum brings 14 years of experience at the NCAA Division I and III levels, including spending last season as a private throws coach. His most recent assistant stint was at Pennsylvania from 2016-20, where he led one of the most successful periods for a throws program in Ivy League history. Penn had 12 individual conference champions and six All-Americans.

Not impressed with this hire. Look for lots of changes with Bison track and field. This is the team I competed for and will always be a Bison. But hold in tight because the changes will be numerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    Not impressed with this hire. Look for lots of changes with Bison track and field. This is the team I competed for and will always be a Bison. But hold in tight because the changes will be numerous.
    I no longer follow the situation with transferring and eligibility. How hard would it be for the throws crew to follow Justin to Nebraska?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJump View Post
    I no longer follow the situation with transferring and eligibility. How hard would it be for the throws crew to follow Justin to Nebraska?
    It's very easy. Max, Alex, and new recruit Axelina Johansson are going with Justin.