Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU BOard to consider fate of EWU athletics

Default Re: EWU BOard to consider fate of EWU athletics

Did anyone think of option 5.....raise some damn money?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Interim president David May will submit a report to the EWU Board of Trustees on Friday With recommendations on the future of Eastern Washington University athletics. The Board Will mull over the recommendations and supposedly have a decision by the June meeting. Options include:

1. Remaining at the current status with BSC But funding some of the athletic programs at a lesser rate in order to offset budget shortfalls. Currently, EWU sponsors the minimum number of sports to remain in contention for BSC membership

2. Reassign to a Division One sub Division which would mean possibly cutting football and adding another sport. There’s also mention of joining the WAC which would allow EWU to remain a D1 participant.

3. Going to NCAA Division II. It would allow Eagles to maintain football but they would have to find another conference and go through the realignment process as well as restructure for the reduction in scholarships, coaching positions, etc.

4. NCAA Division III.

Tomorrow’s meeting are a presentation of recommendations and the information of research supporting each recommendation. The link below includes much of that documentation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kre...d-9f0bf261c5d1
    Didn't they just renovate their stadium? (Or at least plan to?)
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Did anyone think of option 5.....raise some damn money?
    A lot harder to do when you are directional school versus a land grant or flagship university......

I think raising more money is actually option zero and all the other options exist in service of option zero.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Michael Roos got the field named after him when he donated half a million dollars.

I’m thinking BV can come up with 500,001 dollars to keep their program afloat and rename the field to “Brock Jensen’s Knee Was Down and He Had Already Crossed the Goal Line Anyway How Could That Possibly Been Called A Fumble Bill Fette You Bastard? Field”
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Michael Roos got the field named after him when he donated half a million dollars.

I’m thinking BV can come up with 500,001 dollars to keep their program afloat and rename the field to “Brock Jensen’s Knee Was Down and He Had Already Crossed the Goal Line Anyway How Could That Possibly Been Called A Fumble Bill Fette You Bastard? Field”
    Take my money.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

Was bullshit- but i think it caused the program to seek dominance instead of championships. Not allow the refs to have a chance to beat you.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    A plan that never got past the drawing board. Didn’t happen because of... wait for it... money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Was bullshit- but i think it caused the program to seek dominance instead of championships. Not allow the refs to have a chance to beat you.
    Couldn’t agree more
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Interim president's recommendation is to stay the course. Keep football and stay in the Big Sky. Next up is the board's decision in June.

https://www.kxly.com/interim-preside...tter_kxly4news