Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU BOard to consider fate of EWU athletics

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default EWU BOard to consider fate of EWU athletics

Interim president David May will submit a report to the EWU Board of Trustees on Friday With recommendations on the future of Eastern Washington University athletics. The Board Will mull over the recommendations and supposedly have a decision by the June meeting. Options include:

1. Remaining at the current status with BSC But funding some of the athletic programs at a lesser rate in order to offset budget shortfalls. Currently, EWU sponsors the minimum number of sports to remain in contention for BSC membership

2. Reassign to a Division One sub Division which would mean possibly cutting football and adding another sport. There’s also mention of joining the WAC which would allow EWU to remain a D1 participant.

3. Going to NCAA Division II. It would allow Eagles to maintain football but they would have to find another conference and go through the realignment process as well as restructure for the reduction in scholarships, coaching positions, etc.

4. NCAA Division III.

Tomorrow’s meeting are a presentation of recommendations and the information of research supporting each recommendation. The link below includes much of that documentation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kre...d-9f0bf261c5d1
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Default Re: EWU BOard to consider fate of EWU athletics

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Interim president David May will submit a report to the EWU Board of Trustees on Friday With recommendations on the future of Eastern Washington University athletics. The Board Will mull over the recommendations and supposedly have a decision by the June meeting. Options include:

1. Remaining at the current status with BSC But funding some of the athletic programs at a lesser rate in order to offset budget shortfalls. Currently, EWU sponsors the minimum number of sports to remain in contention for BSC membership

2. Reassign to a Division One sub Division which would mean possibly cutting football and adding another sport. There’s also mention of joining the WAC which would allow EWU to remain a D1 participant.

3. Going to NCAA Division II. It would allow Eagles to maintain football but they would have to find another conference and go through the realignment process as well as restructure for the reduction in scholarships, coaching positions, etc.

4. NCAA Division III.

Tomorrow’s meeting are a presentation of recommendations and the information of research supporting each recommendation. The link below includes much of that documentation.

Wow. I can’t imagine being one of their 17 fans. That would suck.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

4. NCAA Division III.

I’m not so sure this isn’t NDSU in 3-5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

pffft with your doom and gloom. If NDSU was to move, it would only be up.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

theyll pick #1
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Shows how sad of a state the FCS is in

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

God's punishment for the sins of Bill Fette?

What does option #2 mean? The only subdivision is football so if they drop football they aren't really "reassigning" anything and would just mean being a non-football participant in the Big Sky if they allowed that. I don't see how dropping football and adding another sport would add to the bottom line.

4. NCAA Division III.

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

I dont think we gotta worry about about ndsu getting in a similar bind. State pride and all that.

The average person in ND probably doesn't care much about ndsu/und athletics, but even ardent sports fans in Washington do not care at all about EWU.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What does option #2 mean? The only subdivision is football so if they drop football they aren't really "reassigning" anything and would just mean being a non-football participant in the Big Sky if they allowed that. I don't see how dropping football and adding another sport would add to the bottom line.
    I think it's supposed to be about changing conferences, not subdivisions. Save money by dropping football and moving to the WAC or WCC. But that's now mostly a non-starter as there's no way in hell they're getting into the WCC, and the WAC is now looking for football schools(when these internal EWU talks started, the WAC was still non-football).

Realistically, I think the only options are #1 and #4. I don't see EWU dropping football, and DII football is dead in the PNW.