Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY gets NDSU Football/Media contract

Default Re: WDAY gets NDSU Football/Media contract

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I can guarantee they are finding a way to tie this into their online subscription model. It may not be the first year of the contract but they will find a way to tie anything that doesn't explicitly have to be over the air and can be streamed to their new online sub accounts.
    You're probably right but I hope you're wrong.

I can guarantee they are finding a way to tie this into their online subscription model. It may not be the first year of the contract but they will find a way to tie anything that doesn't explicitly have to be over the air and can be streamed to their new online sub accounts.
    I'd be shocked for NDSU is not on ESPN3/+ for football. They seem happy with the nationwide distribution and the eyeballs drop would be huge if they went away from that. Zero percent chance that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'd be shocked for NDSU is not on ESPN3/+ for football. They seem happy with the nationwide distribution and the eyeballs drop would be huge if they went away from that. Zero percent chance that happens.
    I'm not talking football.

Anyone outside the WDAY Extra OTA market get ready to have a inforum.com subscription to stream basketball games.

I wonder if this could potentially change game time? Selfishly, I would love to have evening games again...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The most important excerpt in my estimation:

Since they only call out basketball and Olympic sports for WDAY Xtra I'm assuming that means all football games are on WDAY. No mention of streaming platforms in the article but I can only hope it'll be ESPN3/ESPN+ since WDAY is an ABC affiliate.
    I’m wondering if this would green light WDAY to carry the ESPN3/+ feed locally for those games?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I'm not talking football.

Anyone outside the WDAY Extra OTA market get ready to have a inforum.com subscription to stream basketball games.
    Again, I'd be shocked; same reason I already said. They would go from nationwide eyeballs to no one.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Again, I'd be shocked; same reason I already said. They would go from nationwide eyeballs to no one.
    NDSU Basketball had nationwide eyeballs?

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I wonder if this could potentially change game time? Selfishly, I would love to have evening games again...
    It will be interesting, TAB. As all know, the standard college times are 11, 2:30, and 7ish. ABC would have games during anyone of those times. My guess would be they would stick with 2:30 as they would not want to go against the big prime time ABC games and NDSU would not want 11.

Need confirmation that Timmerman will be banished!

The MVFC also has a contract with ESPN whereas the Summit League does not (outside of for the basketball tournaments). I'd assume that has an impact on whether these games for each respective sport is streamed on the ESPN services.