Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY gets NDSU Football/Media contract

Default Re: WDAY gets NDSU Football/Media contract

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    How long until bisonville bitches about WDAY and their coverage?
    Start the thread!!! Haha!! It will be interesting. Says they will broadcast 8-11 games. So are they saying they will not broadcast every game? I know there is a valley game of the week that kvly never got. Also, there is going to be a lot of pissed off college football fans that aren’t bison fans when they tune in to watch an Ohio State/Wisconsin game and get a Bison game. Right now, KVLY only had to deal with pre-empting Notre Dame football every other week.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    I find it interesting that the announcement says they will broadcast 8 to 11 football games per year. I get that usually one game is the MVFC game of the week and exclusive to ESPN3, but what about the other two? Does it give them an out to not broadcast two road games a year? If so, that sucks!
    maybe Leerfield can get a game or 2 on FSNorth? Bally Sports or whatever. or push for ESPN 2 or ESPN U for a few games?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    maybe Leerfield can get a game or 2 on FSNorth? Bally Sports or whatever. or push for ESPN 2 or ESPN U for a few games?
    The Learfield expanded relationship is big time improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Start the thread!!! Haha!! It will be interesting. Says they will broadcast 8-11 games. So are they saying they will not broadcast every game? I know there is a valley game of the week that kvly never got. Also, there is going to be a lot of pissed off college football fans that aren’t bison fans when they tune in to watch an Ohio State/Wisconsin game and get a Bison game. Right now, KVLY only had to deal with pre-empting Notre Dame football every other week.
    This will be on the side channel so the regular ABC channel won't be pre-empted.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    The Learfield expanded relationship is big time improvement.
    exactly. I'm hoping this is something that will PUSH NDSU into more exposure. we will see.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

pls confirm no more timmerman
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I'm also happy to see basketball games no longer on Midco... assuming WDAY allows ESPN3/ESPN+ to stream rather than coming up with their own streaming service it'll be nice to be able to watch all the Bison MBB games again without needing another streaming subscription (hopefully).

I'd love to read more but the damn forum firewall. (texted my fam to get a loggin info) Can someone run down the details? They better be on the regular channels and not an extra channel or this is a huge step back.

BTW, saw the number of games comment.....remember, when NDSU on the road, there will typically be a production by the home team; this is not an issue until proven otherwise.

Edit found this:

https://gobison.com/news/2021/5/13/g...nications.aspx

Good, football on regular TV. I'm sure having good OTA access for football was an NDSU deal stopper.

No more LT! No more LT! No more LT! Sadly, I'd bet this is bad for Brian Shawn.......I'd think Dom will do the games unless he doesn't want to. Hope they get a real color guy.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'd love to read more but the damn forum firewall. (texted my fam to get a loggin info) Can someone run down the details? They better be on the regular channels and not an extra channel or this is a huge step back.
    The most important excerpt in my estimation:

The relationship calls for an annual broadcast of eight to 11 football games, approximately 40 men’s and women’s basketball games, seasonal coaches’ shows for football and men’s and women’s basketball as well as the airing of 15 Olympic sports. Additionally, Forum Communications will carry the NDSU spring football game, postseason TV specials for football and men’s and women’s basketball, and NCAA National Signing Day for football in December.

The majority of basketball and Olympic sports (volleyball, track and field, cross country, golf, soccer, wrestling, baseball and softball) will air statewide on WDAY Xtra.

“This type of engagement is unprecedented,” said Josh Rohrer, vice president of broadcast for Forum Communications. “The WDAY and Forum Communications team are thrilled to be the exclusive TV partner in this new chapter of NDSU athletics broadcasting. The partnership of two of the most storied brands in our region is an exciting prospect. It is our commitment to bring Bison fans the very best in broadcast, digital and written content in the region. Not only will we continue providing the very best in NDSU athletics coverage, we anticipate growing the broadcast experience to levels well beyond today’s expectations.”
    Since they only call out basketball and Olympic sports for WDAY Xtra I'm assuming that means all football games are on WDAY. No mention of streaming platforms in the article but I can only hope it'll be ESPN3/ESPN+ since WDAY is an ABC affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm also happy to see basketball games no longer on Midco... assuming WDAY allows ESPN3/ESPN+ to stream rather than coming up with their own streaming service it'll be nice to be able to watch all the Bison MBB games again without needing another streaming subscription (hopefully).
    I can guarantee they are finding a way to tie this into their online subscription model. It may not be the first year of the contract but they will find a way to tie anything that doesn't explicitly have to be over the air and can be streamed to their new online sub accounts.