Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: WDAY gets NDSU Football/Media contract

Default Re: WDAY gets NDSU Football/Media contract

Logging back in for a few minutes...

I work for Forum Communications now, so sharing this article with the updated video which will answer a lot:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/70269...ison-athletics
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    correct, all the radio will eventually go to South Fargo in the FLAG family building and over time WDAY will belong to the FFM group. They are maintaining the WDAY call signs..this is all from what I have been told we all know shit can change though
    Any chance 1660 gets molded into 740? That would be a huge upgrade on broadcast reach.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post

I work for Forum Communications now, so sharing this article with the updated video which will answer a lot:

he he he my thread about Long Lost Posters is paying dividends... welcome back aces you S.O.B !! haha
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Count me in the group who watches from Florida and several more I know in Arizona...so yeah a local streaming option would suck huge.
    I am with you... it needs to be on either ESPN3 or ESPN+ -- given that NDSU has Learfield IMG College managing this, I am hoping they realize how important it is for us to keep it streaming on ESPN... but crazier things happen everyday.

For those of you who remember old WDAY-FM "Y94" that's now KOYY "Y-94" and part of Midwest Comm Group (KFGO et al).

WDAY-AM (WDAYradionow.com) is Flag Family Media (WZFG The Flag AM 1100).

WDAY-TV (ForumComm owned) is television only now.

740 The Fan is Midwest Comm Group owned.
    Bison 1660 is Radio FM Group owned.
    Those two are direct competitors.

Welcome back!

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Here's an interesting tidbit......

It is an odd combination having bison1660 on the radio and WDAY on TV since they also have radio. KVLY and bison1660 regularly cooperated on coverage (play by play or analysist appearing on the other). Does this go away? Example, if Dom become play by play, after he finishes his radio show, does he ever do spots with Jeff on 1660? I'd bet no.....but that is unfortunate. I liked when Brian Shawn would come on.
    I would think a relationship would still be there. I mean, they had Brian Shawn on not hiding the fact he was the tv play by play on kvly when people watching the game on tv is in direct competition to listening to the radio. As far as who would do play by play, I would think they would offer it to Izzo as he is their main play by play guy for all the high school championships they have aired the past 7 years or so. If not, Brian Shawn would be the obvious 2nd choice; and actually, those two together would be a solid combo. Throw in Kyle Emanuel on the sidelines and that is a pretty good team. I would think they would have a pregame show like kvly did. And having the coaches shows on the extra I would assume and having them easier to stream will be good. Just keep McFeely quarantined with Timmerman far far away!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

They mentioned in the video that the Summit League has a streaming rights contract for basketball (and the MVFC has one for football also) so they won't be streaming WDAY broadcasts for football or basketball on inforum.com. I know the MVFC's streaming rights are to ESPN3/+ but who is the Summit League's streaming partner? If I had to guess I'd say Midco so is it possible those out-of-market for WDAY/WDAY Xtra are still going to have to pony up for Midco's streaming package to get NDSU basketball games?

what about Bemidji and West Central Minnesota? you can't get WDAY past DL/Fergus Falls. bad coverage...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Thanks for the link... the video answered the streaming question --- Bison Media Group (managed by Learfield IMG College) owns the streaming rights to all NDSU Sporting events -- they said it will follow the conference agreements for streaming, so I think its safe to say that everything will still be on ESPN+, I think there will be a lot more basketball games next year than there were this year up there... curious if they will also stream so of the olympic sports too.

In the video, they alluded to stepping up the technology used to cover the games... curious of they might be installing a skycam or cable cam? That would really step-up the FB coverage, bringing them almost to ESPN prime time CFB games.