Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Go Sam !!

Default Re: Let's Go Sam !!

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I'm baffled by that final play call. 5 seconds left, and you call a play that is designed to gain yards, but rarely produces a touchdown. Do the Wabbits not have a kicker this year?
    I swear when Stig panics he calls the hook and ladder...it is the only play he knows at that point. He was probably calling it on defense too.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I swear when Stig panics he calls the hook and ladder...it is the only play he knows at that point. He was probably calling it on defense too.
    Maybe his back up can only bomb it 40 yards. Sometimes you see it work. Still think if you’re getting tackled, fucking sling it backwards. If they recover who cares.

Yeah last play you can't just get tackled, gotta fling it back no matter what at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yeah last play you can't just get tackled, gotta fling it back no matter what at that point.
    Such a bonus for NDSU that the bunnies have Stigy for several more years, once he is gone they will get a good young coach

Until then hook y ladder baby

Does anyone know if and when there will be a replay of the game?? Thanks

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Touched at 1 but then another kick coverage player immediately batted it into the endzone for a called touchback. So quick ball was never at rest and blown dead. Bam bam play.
    If the ball touched the ground in the end zone without having been touched by the receiving team it is immediately dead and ruled a touchback. The receiving team still has the option of the illegal touching spot, but obviously in this case they aren't going to take it. Let's say it was original touched by the kicking team at the 25 and muffed into the end zone (odd but possible), the result of the play is still a touchback, but the receiving team would still have the option of taking the ball at the 25, spot of illegal touching.

I had a very strange version of this in one of my games a few years ago. 4th down from the kicking team's own 5-yard line. They are kicking into the wind and it's held up and lands at the kicking team's 40-yard line. As it bounces back a kicking team member touches it at their 38. It ends up on the ground still moving at their 35 where a kicking team member KICKS it! The ball goes about 30 yards downfield. Illegal kicking foul in that case would be enforced 15 yards at the time (10 yards now) from the end of the kick. Since that would be well behind the illegal kicking spot (38) they declined the penalty. We were about to spot the ball there to start the next series when I realized the spot of the illegal kick was also a spot of illegal touching. The series started at the 35 instead since it was a better option for the receiving team. This type of play is why we have to huddle and work through all the facts of a play and combine several different rules together to get the right ruling. If we had started at the 38 nobody probably notices including those grading us. And it's only a 3-yard difference in starting point so not a huge impact to either team. But as an official you feel good when you parse through everything and get to the right answer on the field. Yeah...we're weird like that!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That kid should have gotten the MVP. Kid is a warrior. Maybe not as explosively talented as #12, but their QBs guts are what won them that game.

SDSU was constantly sending in blitzes off the edge and often times they came through unblocked and that kid stood and delivered.
    That DE on Schmid’s blind side was constantly jumping the count. Finally got flagged for it in 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

That play happened so fast, but it almost seemed like player A touched the ball and it was going to come to a rest at the 1 yard line and then player 2 slid down and knocked the ball into the end zone which created the touchback.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If the ball touched the ground in the end zone without having been touched by the receiving team it is immediately dead and ruled a touchback. The receiving team still has the option of the illegal touching spot, but obviously in this case they aren't going to take it. Let's say it was original touched by the kicking team at the 25 and muffed into the end zone (odd but possible), the result of the play is still a touchback, but the receiving team would still have the option of taking the ball at the 25, spot of illegal touching.

I had a very strange version of this in one of my games a few years ago. 4th down from the kicking team's own 5-yard line. They are kicking into the wind and it's held up and lands at the kicking team's 40-yard line. As it bounces back a kicking team member touches it at their 38. It ends up on the ground still moving at their 35 where a kicking team member KICKS it! The ball goes about 30 yards downfield. Illegal kicking foul in that case would be enforced 15 yards at the time (10 yards now) from the end of the kick. Since that would be well behind the illegal kicking spot (38) they declined the penalty. We were about to spot the ball there to start the next series when I realized the spot of the illegal kick was also a spot of illegal touching. The series started at the 35 instead since it was a better option for the receiving team. This type of play is why we have to huddle and work through all the facts of a play and combine several different rules together to get the right ruling. If we had started at the 38 nobody probably notices including those grading us. And it's only a 3-yard difference in starting point so not a huge impact to either team. But as an official you feel good when you parse through everything and get to the right answer on the field. Yeah...we're weird like that!
    It's OK to not be OK.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    That DE on Schmid’s blind side was constantly jumping the count. Finally got flagged for it in 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And that play should have been blown dead. Schmid could have been seriously injured.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fan 17 View Post
    Does anyone know if and when there will be a replay of the game?? Thanks
    It's on ESPNU tonight at 6:30 (assuming that's Eastern time so 5:30 CST.)

Plus you can watch in on WatchESPN if that's available to you.