Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall 2021 Season

Default Re: Fall 2021 Season

Here's a preview from Bison Illustrated: https://soundcloud.com/bison-illustr...into-this-fall

Swanson and Uglem talk about what the 2021 team will look like.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This fall, If we only have statistically average QB play, we're in the semis. If we have slightly above average QB play, we make the natty, if we have top quartile QB play, we win the natty by more than a touchdown
    Seems too conservative

Looks like James Madison is making some changes and additions to staff, including OC and QB coach. Not able to post link, but I’m sure someone else can/will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Looks like James Madison is making some changes and additions to staff, including OC and QB coach. Not able to post link, but I’m sure someone else can/will.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2021...-ranks-at-jmu/

NDSU will go as far as our QB takes the Bison this fall.

Here’s a question for all the fitness freaks out there that know this sort of thing. How does having 2 seasons in 12 months impact your approach to strength and conditioning?

If you busted balls to win the spring natty – and then perhaps fell short – will you find yourself in a tough spot come fall in terms of being ready to bust balls again? Or doesn't it really matter as long as you stayed injury free?

My understanding is that most sports are basically on a 12-month cycle designed to peak at a specific date (e.g., early January in Frisco TX), but maybe that doesn’t apply to FB?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Here’s a question for all the fitness freaks out there that know this sort of thing. How does having 2 seasons in 12 months impact your approach to strength and conditioning?

If you busted balls to win the spring natty – and then perhaps fell short – will you find yourself in a tough spot come fall in terms of being ready to bust balls again? Or doesn't it really matter as long as you stayed injury free?

My understanding is that most sports are basically on a 12-month cycle designed to peak at a specific date (e.g., early January in Frisco TX), but maybe that doesn’t apply to FB?

I"m not a fitness guru; however, I'd like to add this: In the fall, our football coach ran our asses off in practice; in the winter, the basketball coach ran our asses off in practice; in the spring, our track coach ran our asses off, in practice and at meets. In the summer, there was legion baseball, but my dad worked our asses on the ranch..........really didn't have a break from it (working out).....and Golly, we loved it so !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

Do college football players normally hit the weights harder in the offseason and then to to more of a "maintenance mode" during the season vs. trying to add muscle mass when you are recovering from the weekly grind of games?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Do college football players normally hit the weights harder in the offseason and then to to more of a "maintenance mode" during the season vs. trying to add muscle mass when you are recovering from the weekly grind of games?
    Absolutly .... and off-season training has evolved into much more than “hitting the weights”.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Absolutly .... and off-season training has evolved into much more than “hitting the weights”.

This ^^^

Weight training, diet, cardio, speed training, endurance training, fixing mechanics of feet/hips/throwing motion/etc.... Are now part of off season training, along with repair and rehabilitation of injuries

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk