Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: SHSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SHSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yes please. I hope Cole is the future, but give me some of that this fall please.
    I hope it's Patterson for 3 years and Cole Payton for 2. That way we can groom him instead if wrecking him

2021 Patterson so
    Payton true freshman

2022 Patterson Jr
    Payton rsf

Patterson sr
    Payton essay

Payton starts Jr and senior year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm not shitting on him by stating the obvious. He's not an NDSU caliber QB. We've had 3 straight NFL guys. He's not in their league and we can do much better.
    If your bar is "NFL" then you will need to adjust that. NDSU has done well there and to some extent...gotten very lucky. But if your whole thing is "I want NFL guys" ...thats not sustainable.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I hope it's Patterson for 3 years and Cole Payton for 2. That way we can groom him instead if wrecking him

2021 Patterson so
    Payton true freshman

2022 Patterson Jr
    Payton rsf

Patterson sr
    Payton essay

Payton starts Jr and senior year
    Would get us back on track. A Sophomore QB leaving an FCS program is an unexpected problem. Not surprised it threw a wrench in the works. Coaches just need to recover. This season sucked but lots of young potential at other positions. Need to hold WR room together and find answers at QB and RB. Next season will be an interesting test for new staff.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    If your bar is "NFL" then you will need to adjust that. NDSU has done well there and to some extent...gotten very lucky. But if your whole thing is "I want NFL guys" ...thats not sustainable.
    Stick level is the bar. I think Cole can reach that.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was about to type the same thing. We don't need a pro to play QB for us to win, we need someone who can make good decisions at the line and move the chains on 3rd and 5. No reason to think Cam can't do that with another year or two under his belt. Sure we might have a better option and he never gets the chance, that's fine. Competition is what he signed up for coming to NDSU. But I watch SIU's QB (a junior who is smaller but looks similar athletically) tear up SDSU running and throwing, I can easily see Cam looking something like that in 3 years. Maybe he doesn't develop, but it's way too soon to write him off as not capable of leading us to a natty or two as our starting QB.

So....the bar is NFL caliber....I just don't see that. Awesome if it happens. But thats asking an awful lot. I feel like people here have been spoiled to the point of unreasonable expectations.

People can't say on one hand: "this is wild that we've had such great success at the QB position. Very few schools have pulled it off!" and also claim, "Yeah we need a guy at Stick's level to win."

That's absurd. We can't do that. If we need to do that...ndsu will go through severe droughts of losing. Because that's a big ask.
    College of Business Alumnus

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just devastated, fellas. A shit end to a shit season. Fuck China, and Go Bison.

If somebody would have predicted all that happened in Bison football during the past year, nobody would have believed it. After all of that, with an almost completely new lineup of players, the Bison were within one bounce of the ball of going to the semifinals. That is resilience. That is a sign of strength. I congratulate the NDSU Bison players and coaches on their tremendous effort. The future is very bright! Go Bison!

Ok thats completely fair, but if the bar is "not a bottom quartile in the nation at forward passing", he doesnt cross that bar either
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Stick is a good bar. But right now we're Nick Mertens

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com