Page 78 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2868767778

Thread: GDT: NDSU at Sam Houston State (Quarterfinals)

Default Re: GDT: NDSU at Sam Houston State (Quarterfinals)

Quote Originally Posted by bisoninloveland View Post
    I think JMU will steamroll the kats...yes they are a little better on defense but there offense is the same as it always is....agree this was our worst team in a decade.....31-14
    A lot rides on the way Cole Johnson plays. If he plays one of his good games, I really do think they will steamroll over SHSU. But if he plays average or poor, it could really go either way. In fact, if he plays like he did in a couple early season games (don't think he will), it could be a blowout in the other direction. Run game is potentially as strong as ever the last few weeks for JMU with blocking improving and basically infinite RB selection. JMU defense is slightly inferior vs. the past couple years (kind of young like NDSU but probably not quite as much). At least young in terms of being starters in previous years). SHSU offense is still in question to me. There is always hype every year and their offense typically disappoints in the playoffs. I can't tell by the (2) games I've seen what to expect. The Monmouth game was rather disappointing offensively (no points in 2nd half, 1 touchdown from less than 50 yd drive). The NDSU game looked a little better but they were questionably gifted all their 1st half points. SHSU defense is confusing me again, because the Monmouth game and NDSU game looked like completely different defensive performances.
    Last edited by JMUVtFan; 05-07-2021 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    A lot rides on the way Cole Johnson plays. If he plays one of his good games, I really do think they will steamroll over SHSU. But if he plays average or poor, it could really go either way. In fact, if he plays like he did in a couple early season games (don't think he will), it could be a blowout in the other direction. Run game is potentially as strong as ever the last few weeks for JMU with blocking improving and basically infinite RB selection. JMU defense is slightly inferior vs. the past couple years (kind of young like NDSU but probably not quite as much. At least young in terms of being starters in previous years). SHSU offense is still in question to me. There is always hype every year and their offense typically disappoints in the playoffs. I can't tell by the (2) games I've seen what to expect. The Monmouth game was rather disappointing offensively (no points in 2nd half, 1 touchdown from less than 50 yd drive). The NDSU game looked a little better but they were questionably gifted all their 1st half points. SHSU defense is confusing me again, because the Monmouth game and NDSU game looked like completely different defensive performances.
    FCS is a mess to try and figure out as a fan this odd spring season. NDSU fans knew our team was down specifically struggling at QB and rejiggering the offense to compensate. SHSU defense is still a mystery. I don't know how improved they actually are from prior years. They are improved up front for sure, but really by how much is difficult to tell. SHSU offense didn't seem all that special to me. Their QB is capable but seemed to be a one read kind of guy. They can tear up bad defense with talent, but when challenged wouldn't be surprised to see them fall apart badly. SDSU is likely a better version all around of SHSU. JMU looks solid but similarly down like NDSU from prior years although not as drastically at QB. I know shit about Dellywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    FCS is a mess to try and figure out as a fan this odd spring season. NDSU fans knew our team was down specifically struggling at QB and rejiggering the offense to compensate. SHSU defense is still a mystery. I don't know how improved they actually are from prior years. They are improved up front for sure, but really by how much is difficult to tell. SHSU offense didn't seem all that special to me. Their QB is capable but seemed to be a one read kind of guy. They can tear up bad defense with talent, but when challenged wouldn't be surprised to see them fall apart badly. SDSU is likely a better version all around of SHSU. JMU looks solid but similarly down like NDSU from prior years although not as drastically at QB. I know shit about Dellywhere.
    Yeah, SHSU put 8 or 9 in the box and NDSU was unable to make them pay. That might say more about NDSU than SHSU (e.g. "Needs work.")

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, SHSU put 8 or 9 in the box and NDSU was unable to make them pay. That might say more about NDSU than SHSU (e.g. "Needs work.")
    That JMU back will run all over their front line in the 2nd half. JMU by 20.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

I only got a chance to watch parts and pieces of the game. But this explains a lot to me. I figured typically your power run would be able to easily go through 6-7 SHSU guys in the box. So I was trying to figure out "how much better" their D-Line is. If they can play 1 on 1 on the outside, they could potentially do this to JMU as well. JMU has good recievers but Cole isn't exactly "the best" QB under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    I only got a chance to watch parts and pieces of the game. But this explains a lot to me. I figured typically your power run would be able to easily go through 6-7 SHSU guys in the box. So I was trying to figure out "how much better" their D-Line is. If they can play 1 on 1 on the outside, they could potentially do this to JMU as well. JMU has good recievers but Cole isn't exactly "the best" QB under pressure.
    NDSU's offensive line had more freshmen in it in 2021 than <insert poster name>'s mom back in nineteen diggity eight.