Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential Semi-final game

Default Re: Potential Semi-final game

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Chances game played in El Forko Grande = 0.0%
    Depends how bad UND wanted the home game. They could have been spending the house trying to get home games.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Depends how bad UND wanted the home game. They could have been spending the house trying to get home games.
    Let's remember the athletic program budget in El Forko Grande is held together with chewing gum and duct tape. So no, they are not going too pay more than NDSU for a game as they can't afford to without attracting the attention of politicians.

Let's remember the athletic program budget in El Forko Grande is held together with chewing gum and duct tape. So no, they are not going too pay more than NDSU for a game as they can't afford to without attracting the attention of politicians.
    Only the administration up there would be so stupid to spend the house on a year like this lol.

Pay the ncaa 6 figures to host a playoff game with 2,000 people in attendance

They have some big donors up there and it’s only matter of time before they try to say UND football is back and to show
    Me the Money.....

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    They have some big donors up there and it’s only matter of time before they try to say UND football is back and to show
    Me the Money.....
    If I were the AD up there, I would have been reaching out to donors right after the bracket was released specifically for a potential NDSU semifinal rematch and asked them to bet the farm. A loss with the cost of the bid being on the backs a select knowing donors group and UND is no worse off. A win potentially catapults the program.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    If I were the AD up there, I would have been reaching out to donors right after the bracket was released specifically for a potential NDSU semifinal rematch and asked them to bet the farm. A loss with the cost of the bid being on the backs a select knowing donors group and UND is no worse off. A win potentially catapults the program.
    Problem is that all the bids were due a couple weeks before the bracket was released. And there was a chance UND was going to be seeded 4th. That's a costly decision to make make blind.

I'm pretty sure it would be at NDSU but strange things can happen. I remember one year in DII, Pittsburgh State bid so much they knew they were going to lose money on the game hoping that would tip the balance and they could beat NDSU (it did) and then they'd get another home game.

Risky game to play but it worked out for them.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I love McDonald's sweet and sour. Dip the Bic Mac in it too. I'd take McDonald's sweet and sour to a Chinese restaurant hey. Nearest McDonald's is 90 miles away. 3 Chinese restaurants way closer. McDonald's is a treat.
    Where the fuck do you live that has 3 chinese restaurants and no mcdonald's, Serbia? Do you have grid based electricity?
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Following up.... is Gothmog banned for life yet?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Following up.... is Gothmog banned for life yet?
    Was wondering the same thing... there are certain threads you need to think twice before starting... this was one of them...