Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's About the Caliber of Play

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: It's About the Caliber of Play

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    You have your point... but look at the current roster. Where are the linebackers?
    They're in the NFL. New ones are coming.

I agree with everything you said except for the talent level of NDSU. This years team is down a bit in talent but less than a year ago we would have been talking about Jabril Cox, Trey Lance and Dillon Radunz.

I think the game of football is changing a little too. The days of big linebackers seems to be going away for for 4 down lineman and a bunch of hybrid linebacker D backs.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

St Thomas is almost as large, has a bigger market, and WAY more money than NDSU.

they should be insulted to be in with a cow college in the middle of nowhere.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post

In my opinion the caliber of play has dropped off in the FCS... and perhaps at NDSU.

Does anybody remember the linebackers that we used to have?... and the defensive linemen?

Where are you Ramon Humber?... and Joe Mays?... and Grant Olson?

NDSU has had 2 of arguably their best ever teams the last 2 years. I'm not sure what you're talking about with this statement. Although I agree with everything else. This spring is basically an exception to every rule for pretty much every program.

YEA> everyone leaving the FCS that has Talent literally 50+ top end guys since last fall.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    they should be insulted to be in with a cow college in the middle of nowhere.
    Right. They talk about UST all the time on ESPN and the Tommies have put a ton of players in the NFL

Remind us to never allow you to be an ambassador for NDSU

Not sure what your point is, but you should change your user name to FCS 4 Life

NDSU could have 3 picks in the top 50 for this year's NFL draft - Lance, Radunz, Cox; how can you ask where is the talent

Yeah I would give it a few years before we say the talent is missing from our roster. LB size is down, sure, but they can play. Had a rough game on Saturday, but they can play.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Right. They talk about UST all the time on ESPN and the Tommies have put a ton of players in the NFL

Remind us to never allow you to be an ambassador for NDSU

Not sure what your point is, but you should change your user name to FCS 4 Life
    This entire thread is shit talking NDSU. Get over yourself.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    This entire thread is shit talking NDSU. Get over yourself.
    I only see a few comments doing so (yours included). The rest are complimentary of NDSU FB

Not sure what you mean by "get over yourself". My huge ego has no relevance to what we're talking about here