Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Soon to be Developmental Program for G5 and P5

Default Re: FCS Soon to be Developmental Program for G5 and P5

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It’s just terrible that people getting to choose who they work for gets in the way of my entertainment.
    "choose where they work"? I thought they were student athletes? If they are employees showing up just to play their sports, why is Title IX a thing? I think people are trying to have it both ways.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Nowhere in my post did I say going FBS would solve the problem. In other texts and posts elsewhere I also stated G5 transfers to P5 are an issue too. What I want is the NCAA to NOT final approve this stupid idea. These are college athletes not professionals......free agency should not apply. The ramifications will be ridiculous! But the NCAA will just move ahead (or should I say backward) anyway.
    Everyone in and around these sports is a free agent except the players.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    "choose where they work"? I thought they were student athletes? If they are employees showing up just to play their sports, why is Title IX a thing? I think people are trying to have it both ways.
    Title IX applies to the whole University and all of its students and employees not just the athletic department.

”student athlete” is a word salad invention of the shamaturism industrial complex.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-eligibility/

Why continue to support FCS revolving door of athletes as a fan or Alumnus? NCAA has just assured its own demise!
    They are trying to stay ahead of an avalanche they see coming down the mountain. As a fan I am not super thrilled about what this could mean to my team, but I also understand I am far from impartial on this.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Everyone in and around these sports is a free agent except the players.
    Exactly. A player could commit to a school to play for a certain coach and then that coach can leave any time he or she wants if someone pays their buyout clause. Why not stipulate the coaches have to sit out a year if they leave a school voluntarily?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Exactly. A player could commit to a school to play for a certain coach and then that coach can leave any time he or she wants if someone pays their buyout clause. Why not stipulate the coaches have to sit out a year if they leave a school voluntarily?
    Because they’re management, and the people making the rules are management too. And as a result, clearly such a rule would be an unlawful restraint of trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I guess I don't see them as the same. One is a person working in a job and the other is going to school and doing so for free or at a reduced rate because they participate in a sport. If they're working a job, then why do they have to be enrolled as a student and achieve certain acadamic standards?

If people want it to all move to minor league pro sports, that's an option, just move away from college sports completely. But that's not what we have now.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Because they’re management, and the people making the rules are management too. And as a result, clearly such a rule would be an unlawful restraint of trade.
    now do school choice

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    now do school choice
    That’s the one where we pretend that it makes sense to spend public tax dollars funding private (often religious) educational institutions for K-12 students, because we elect to many people who don’t believe in, taxes and/or public education and/or the establishment clause.

That’s the one where we pretend that it makes sense to spend public tax dollars funding private (often religious) educational institutions for K-12 students, because we elect to many people who don’t believe in, taxes and/or public education and/or the establishment clause.
    id say people are pretending these "student" athletes are "worth" alot more than what they are for a "trade" 99% of them have zero chance at ever making money at