Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Soon to be Developmental Program for G5 and P5

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: FCS Soon to be Developmental Program for G5 and P5

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    "choose where they work"? I thought they were student athletes? If they are employees showing up just to play their sports, why is Title IX a thing? I think people are trying to have it both ways.
    Dear Lord in Heaven, you don't believe that do you?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Lakes, I was assured by the #FCSForever crowd that there is NO positive stigma of the FBS held by recruits. Believe them when they say, the ONLY thing recruits care about is winning FCS national championships. These kids grow up wanting to play Sam Houston State in a championship in a soccer stadium. Thats why we pull so many 5* recruits away from Clemson every year. Its what dreams are made of. Most recruits have never heard of the rose bowl actually. All about the (FCS) nattys baby
    NDSU gets 3-4 kids a recruiting cycle with FBS offers, 1 maybe with a Power 5.
    NDSU offers and misses out on 10-15 kids that go FBS every year.

Maybe going FBS allows you avoid that equation. Plus Most FBS players in the Portal are going to other FBS schools. There is a legit stigma among 18-21 year olds
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Nowhere in my post did I say going FBS would solve the problem. In other texts and posts elsewhere I also stated G5 transfers to P5 are an issue too. What I want is the NCAA to NOT final approve this stupid idea. These are college athletes not professionals......free agency should not apply. The ramifications will be ridiculous! But the NCAA will just move ahead (or should I say backward) anyway.
    So if a student is on a scholarship for engineering and decides to transfer to another school should they not be allowed to study engineering for a year?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You could also look at this way. High school athletes are going to take a back seat to transfers. I think the bigger question will be if they move the 25 scholarship hard cap for FBS programs. If they don't move that number there is going to be a large number of high school athletes that typically would sign FBS pushed out because programs can go grab a transfer and instantly fill a position. I think the FCS is going to see a large number of high school athletes that typically get signed by FBS programs end up playing FCS because their spots were grabbed by transfers.

It’s an interesting conversation to weigh student rights against athletic dept fidelity. I honestly don’t know the right answer.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    You could also look at this way. High school athletes are going to take a back seat to transfers. I think the bigger question will be if they move the 25 scholarship hard cap for FBS programs. If they don't move that number there is going to be a large number of high school athletes that typically would sign FBS pushed out because programs can go grab a transfer and instantly fill a position. I think the FCS is going to see a large number of high school athletes that typically get signed by FBS programs end up playing FCS because their spots were grabbed by transfers.
    Yeah, there's a lot of overreaction I think to all of this. FBS programs (and all programs for that matter) still are allowed the same number of scholarships. For every player that goes up there will be another that goes down. I've never understood the negative stigma some of our fans have around transfers... not all of them are troublemakers or selfish outcasts but coaches have to be on the lookout for those red flags just like they do for high school recruits. NDSU will have to utilize transfers more heavily going forward as they will be losing more upper classmen but they'll have the same advantages recruiting transfers as they would with high school recruits and hopefully they'll use it to get good players from D2 or other FCS programs or G5/upper FCS tweeners that they've had success with in the past at the high school recruiting level and that should help them offset players transferring out.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It’s an interesting conversation to weigh student rights against athletic dept fidelity. I honestly don’t know the right answer.
    the only ppl who should be getting paid r the players who dont graduate--------------let them transfer all they want, but the team that there with at the end of eligibility should b left "holding the bag" (to the tun of #20 buck an hour for 40 hour a week for 5 years for wasting all thier time------$150,200k straight up cash homey

I don't have a problem with this. Teams will have to recruit the right kids then. That means sticking to your recruiting footprint even more than you normally would. Recruit kids that value location and education. Continue to focus on developing players that may have gotten passed over. It's always worked before. Although we'll need to be a bit more picky on players from way out of state as they are more susceptible to leaving.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU gets 3-4 kids a recruiting cycle with FBS offers, 1 maybe with a Power 5.
    NDSU offers and misses out on 10-15 kids that go FBS every year.

Maybe going FBS allows you avoid that equation. Plus Most FBS players in the Portal are going to other FBS schools. There is a legit stigma among 18-21 year olds
    Damn sure a legit FBS stigma among you as well...
    Last edited by mtoutfitter; 04-16-2021 at 10:28 PM.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Damn sure a legit FBS stigma among you as well...
    Part near eh

Lardsin must go!