Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Soon to be Developmental Program for G5 and P5

Default Re: FCS Soon to be Developmental Program for G5 and P5

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    id say people are pretending these "student" athletes are "worth" alot more than what they are for a "trade" 99% of them have zero chance at ever making money at
    Collectively they actually generate billions as college students, right?
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Collectively they actually generate billions as college students, right?
    They also cost billions as only two sports probably generate profits and overall only like 30 university’s break even. Crud every student already has to pay extra for student athletes so this perception that athletes deserve way more is bogus.
    There is no university can afford to pay them a single dollar. Go to the Olympic amateur method and put in some rules around it so it isn’t excessive. Someone should be able to get paid for their likeness.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    They also cost billions as only two sports probably generate profits and overall only like 30 university’s break even. Crud every student already has to pay extra for student athletes so this perception that athletes deserve way more is bogus.
    There is no university can afford to pay them a single dollar. Go to the Olympic amateur method and put in some rules around it so it isn’t excessive. Someone should be able to get paid for their likeness.
    Those 39 “break even” programs have better facilities and larger staffs than the professional teams. They can absolutely afford to compensate the players.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Those 39 “break even” programs have better facilities and larger staffs than the professional teams. They can absolutely afford to compensate the players.
    they should focus on graduating all of them first

they should focus on graduating all of them first
    The highest paid government employee in the state is the football coach not the academic coordinator so you tell me what the focus is.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The highest paid government employee in the state is the football coach not the academic coordinator so you tell me what the focus is.
    Hockey????

Lardsin must go!

thats fair, so start there---------why not hold them accountable 4 abysmal graduation rates instead of trying to pay people for something they can only do for 4 years?

thats fair, so start there---------why not hold them accountable 4 abysmal graduation rates instead of trying to pay people for something they can only do for 4 years?
    I can think of about 4 billion reasons.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The moment universities turned football into a billion dollar industry with facilities rivaling profession sports vs amateur athletics they did this to themselves. I don't blame students for wanting their cut. I don't blame then for transferring when schollies can be taken away, and coaches can leave. They're not indentured servants

So how does going to the G5 prevent or even reduce the star players from being sniped by the P5 programs? If a team is not at the top of the G5 then they are essentially at the same level as NDSU talent wise. NDSU being at the very top of the FCS allows them to snatch up the best talent from the FCS and FBS transfer portal. Players want to play and want to win. This transfer portal nonsense just needs to be reversed back to its original system.