Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS Soon to be Developmental Program for G5 and P5

Default FCS Soon to be Developmental Program for G5 and P5

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-eligibility/

Why continue to support FCS revolving door of athletes as a fan or Alumnus? NCAA has just assured its own demise!

Default Re: FCS Soon to be Developmental Program for G5 and P5

Or it could help the FCS when good players who are benchwarmers in the FBS want more playing time.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Or it could help the FCS when good players who are benchwarmers in the FBS want more playing time.
    most of them aren't swallowing their pride and moving down. Players LOVE the FBS Stigma.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

It’s just terrible that people getting to choose who they work for gets in the way of my entertainment.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-eligibility/

Why continue to support FCS revolving door of athletes as a fan or Alumnus? NCAA has just assured its own demise!

Want to compare the number of NDSU players in transfer portal vs G5 schools or would that negate your point and we should just ignore it?

For gits and shiggles here are the MWC teams and number of players that entered to portal this year (per 247 so the list I’m sure isn’t complete)
    AF 4
    Boise 4
    CSU 12
    Fresno 12
    Hawaii 10
    Nevada 8
    NMU 11
    SDSU 7
    SJSU 5
    UNLV 14
    USU 15
    Wyoming 2

If transfers upset you, going FBS will only hurt your feelings more

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah, being FBS most definitely does not solve the problem. Not sure why people think it would. It is just a part of college sports now.
    Insert something clever here...

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Not sure I want guys that can't make it as there is usually a reason. I would rather have guys move up to us such as Braden Thomas. I am not sure why people are so enamored with athletes that have an "FBS" next to their name. Some guys don't have the drive to make it once they get to college. It is a hard game.

Plus we have been like 15 rated in FBS for almost ten years. Most guys at FBS might not be able to make our team.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Yeah, being FBS most definitely does not solve the problem. Not sure why people think it would. It is just a part of college sports now.
    Had NDSU played in the fall they might not be losing players mid-season. FCS looks like an absolute joke. So many calling to cancel the spring playoffs now... why because covid, or because it has become a joke? Would FBS be cancelling if they had played in the spring for safety’s sake?

FBS looses transfers sure. But how often are they one of the top players, starting for the team leaving mid-season during a championship run?

The numbers are there, but don’t act like FBS transfers aren’t different. Players move from one minor league team to another doesn’t mean they are rushing to go from AAA to AA.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    most of them aren't swallowing their pride and moving down. Players LOVE the FBS Stigma.
    Lakes, I was assured by the #FCSForever crowd that there is NO positive stigma of the FBS held by recruits. Believe them when they say, the ONLY thing recruits care about is winning FCS national championships. These kids grow up wanting to play Sam Houston State in a championship in a soccer stadium. Thats why we pull so many 5* recruits away from Clemson every year. Its what dreams are made of. Most recruits have never heard of the rose bowl actually. All about the (FCS) nattys baby
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Nowhere in my post did I say going FBS would solve the problem. In other texts and posts elsewhere I also stated G5 transfers to P5 are an issue too. What I want is the NCAA to NOT final approve this stupid idea. These are college athletes not professionals......free agency should not apply. The ramifications will be ridiculous! But the NCAA will just move ahead (or should I say backward) anyway.