Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Matt Entz seems VERY supportive of FBS jump

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Matt Entz seems VERY supportive of FBS jump

And here I thought Chapo fired up this thread again. Interview sounds interesting.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Went out this morning, turned on ESPNU on the radio, and Coach Matt Entz was in the middle of an interview.

Most of what I caught was the ESPN guys asking about going FBS or playing FBS. Entz said, "We'd like to schedule more G5s because we recruit against them" (paraphrasing.) One of the interviews replied, "Why not P5s, you've beat so many of them" (again with the paraphrasing) and he listed several of the games. Entz basically said that's why I didn't mention them - the ones in our recruiting area won't schedule us (he was pretty diplomatic about it.)
    I would be willing to bet that we don’t schedule another FBS game in the next two years. A lot of money.

Unless we can find an AD or head coach that’s looking to retire and wants a sweet severance deal
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I would be willing to bet that we don’t schedule another FBS game in the next two years. A lot of money.

Unless we can find an AD or head coach that’s looking to retire and wants a sweet severance deal
    Honestly believe we are going to blow out Arizona by a huge margin, unless we run sideways trying to run out clock.
    That won't help us get additional FBS games, beyond those already scheduled/rescheduled.

Just have to hope at some point MWC notices our dominance and considers us a good add. If the CFP expands someday, they may want to upgrade their conference SOS.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is there a possible link to the interview? I’ve been looking but can’t find it.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

This is a very oximoron discussion. Why wouldn't Matt Entz be in favor of moving up to FBS, he will get a pay raise, he will be paid like a FBS coach which will be much more than his current pay scale.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    This is a very oximoron discussion. Why wouldn't Matt Entz be in favor of moving up to FBS, he will get a pay raise, he will be paid like a FBS coach which will be much more than his current pay scale.
    The same is true for the decision makers and yet…
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Great point, but it’s the opposite point of what you’re trying to make.

Entz could be gone in a year, to a school already established in FBS if that’s what he was looking for. Why go through all the growing pains with us? If it were me I’d hang out here for a bit, bang out a couple more championships and wait for SMU to beam me up to the big leagues.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The same is true for the decision makers and yet…
    Come on man, I’d like to believe that our leadership isn’t making decisions on what gives them the biggest paycheck next year. Don’t take that away from me lol

At the end of the day it’s probably smarter for Larsen to keep us FCS. Way more job security. He’s at least two fired FB head coaches away from being let go at this point.
    *one day later*

Great point, but it’s the opposite point of what you’re trying to make.

Entz could be gone in a year, to a school already established in FBS if that’s what he was looking for. Why go through all the growing pains with us? If it were me I’d hang out here for a bit, bang out a couple more championships and wait for SMU to beam me up to the big leagues.
    With his youngest son being a Senior next year, personally, I would be shocked if Entz is around past the 2022/23 season, especially if they bring home another natty. Have to imagine there would be ample FBS opportunities out there for him...maybe not necessarily HC jobs at a P5, but certainly coordinator positions.

Yeah Id be surprised if we schedule another FBS game ever. As long as we are FCS, the incentive structure leans 100% in NDSU's favor in these matchups. what AD, in their right mind would ever schedule NDSU? It will never happen again as long as we are FCS.

Goodness, I hope I'm wrong. These FBS games are far more important to the notoriety of our program than the nattys, IMO. of course, the nattys are immense, but we got more screen time and ink from either the Kstate and Iowa victories than the rest of the nattys combined. Most programs hope to have either a cool FBS win or a natty or two, and we get both lol.... Well now, its just the nattys going forward, which is still great.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS