Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Entz seems VERY supportive of FBS jump

Default Re: Matt Entz Seems VERY Supportive of FBS Jump

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    More like buildings are falling……and they are on fire. G5’s are gonna need a place to stay real soon. Wonder how many more we can fit into the MVFC?
    FBS teams will do anything they can to avoid dropping down

Not saying it wont happen but moving "up" is easier than moving down to sell a Fan base obviously, unless there is nowhere else to go

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

More like buildings are falling……and they are on fire. G5’s are gonna need a place to stay real soon. Wonder how many more we can fit into the MVFC?
    Were you part of the D2 forever crowd too?

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree with everything but the B1G that just isn't happening.
    I don't think B1G would happen either. I'm just saying I'd be reaching out, getting EVERYONE talking. As Indy and others have eluded to, everyone knows everyone and even the illusion that the B1G/Big XII have a moderate interest puts you in a better spot all around.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I don't think B1G would happen either. I'm just saying I'd be reaching out, getting EVERYONE talking. As Indy and others have eluded to, everyone knows everyone and even the illusion that the B1G/Big XII have a moderate interest puts you in a better spot all around.

To quote that great 1980's philosopher Jack Burton:

"WHAT?! You'll never know 'till you try."

I agree with everything you have posted. Now's the time to get NDSU in their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    FBS teams will do anything they can to avoid dropping down

Not saying it wont happen but moving "up" is easier than moving down to sell a Fan base obviously, unless there is nowhere else to go

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    It’s not about dropping down, it’s about being kicked out. When the power conferences stop scheduling G5 schools their paydays are gone. Maybe I’m wrong and a network shells out big money for tier 2 playoffs. Maybe the nation is clamoring for an Akron vs San Jose State national championship game. But I don’t see it. This is all about money and when their money dries up, they will have to cut back or completely eliminate their football programs

It’s not about dropping down, it’s about being kicked out. When the power conferences stop scheduling G5 schools their paydays are gone. Maybe I’m wrong and a network shells out big money for tier 2 playoffs. Maybe the nation is clamoring for an Akron vs San Jose State national championship game. But I don’t see it. This is all about money and when their money dries up, they will have to cut back or completely eliminate their football programs
    Definitely kicks a leg off of their stool. How G5 reshuffles their financials will be interesting.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree with everything but the B1G that just isn't happening.
    Ndsu isn't AAU and they are about 9 figures short of making that irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I agree with everything you have posted. Now's the time to get NDSU in their heads!
    Now, having said that, I don't expect to hear about it publicly just yet. Off the record conversations, talks on the golf course or at conferences... Stuff that never makes it to anyone other than the most trusted people. Never gets leaked.

I guarantee you that they had already reached out privately and were told that they have the votes needed to join the conference. I guarantee you that NDSU has done the same thing and, thus far, hasn't had anyone willing to bring us on board.

Having said that NOW is the time to push hard if you are NDSU. AAC/MWC is who I'd be reaching out to with MAC as the 3rd option. Heck, I'd reach out to Big XII even or B1G if Nebraska decides to go back to the XII. Get your name in as many mouths and conversations as possible as early and often as possible.
    Nailed it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."