Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Entz seems VERY supportive of FBS jump

Default Re: Matt Entz Seems VERY Supportive of FBS Jump

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    It has been widely assumed that Colorado State has been looking to jump to a Power 5 for a while (I know, not a surprise statement). But they have actually done things to help themselves out. They built a new on campus football stadium recently, had a good basketball program going with Tim Miles, scheduled home and home series with Power 5 teams (Arkansas, Vandy, Arizona, Washington State), and have tried to sell themselves as being successful in getting viewers from Denver (which is often debated about the actual success of this claim).

I do think that the Mountain West would no matter what be better than the MAC even if Boise State, San Diego State, Colorado State, or any combo of these left. Besides having better cities to travel to, I believe that most college football fans hold schools in the Mountain West in higher regards than the MAC - I know that I do.

Growing un in Michigan, I can tell you that the directional Michigan schools (Western, Central, Eastern) are not followed by many, and the only time that there was a small movement was when Brian Kelly had Central Michigan winning in the 2000's and when PJ Fleck had Western Michigan play well a few years ago. The rest of the MAC, with the exception of Northern Illinois, was usually just laughed at. The Ohio Schools held no significance at all. In the Mountain West, these schools are often the school for their state (see Wyoming, Boise State, New Mexico, Hawaii) or have a large(r) influence regionally (Air Force).
    They are also a better conference in part because teams like Boise, Colorado State and San Diego are teams recruits want to compete against. They are also games that draw well which adds to the league. And obviously ratings lead to more TV money

If they lost all 3 it could be a trickle down effect

Also the MAC seems to be slowly improving and being more competitive

But I agree rght now the Mountain West is without question better

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Regarding the idea of joining the corpse of a MWC without Boise, CSU and San Diego State. Who would take Colorado state and San diego state?
    I suppose if the XII takes Houston, Cincinnati and UCF, maybe the american takes 3 west coast teams in Boise CSU and SDSU? I think its possible they make and exception for Boise, but i just dont see it for CSU and SDSU, but who knows how big the ripple effects would be?

But lets say the MWC does lose those programs, Utah state, fresno wyoming etc are still vastly more interesting than the rest of our current conference combined. If you throw in the possibility of adding Montana, Montana state and SDSU, all of the sudden this is extremely exciting MWC.

the MAC is getting better. I would prefer the corpse of the MWC i think though, especially if we can get the montanas and SDSU. But a hell of a lot has to materialize to get ripples down that far.

I would be much happier about MAC if SDSU could come too. Then you'd at least have one other competent program in the conference. anyways... alot of what ifs flying around that need to get sorted out first
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I found it very interesting that the SEC didnt reach out to UT or OU...

HOW CAN THIS BE?????? I was promised by so many on Bisonville, who tell me that they are much smarter and better human beings than me, that there is no benefit to being proactive in soliciting invites from other conferences!!! They promised me that the only way to solicit an invite is to literally do NOTHING! Just sit, silently, and wish upon a star, pinnochio style, that "someday my prince will come!"

I know thats how I got my wife to date me, and then marry me. I literally didnt speak to her, look at her, show her any signs that I was interested. I was just ignoring her completely and then BAM! Married with 3 kids and a white picket fence. worked like a charm

Cool, can you show me an article talking about these discussions before it was announced? Cause I’ve been told that nothing should happen behind closed doors. If you want something you have to publicly plead for it. One should show no patience and call everyday. If they say no then you tweet about it so all the messages board and tweeter bots have the info

Either Doug is a member of this board or he reads it regularly.
    Could North Dakota State be the next target of FBS expansion?

I don't think this was shared yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I found it very interesting that the SEC didnt reach out to UT or OU...

HOW CAN THIS BE?????? I was promised by so many on Bisonville, who tell me that they are much smarter and better human beings than me, that there is no benefit to being proactive in soliciting invites from other conferences!!! They promised me that the only way to solicit an invite is to literally do NOTHING! Just sit, silently, and wish upon a star, pinnochio style, that "someday my prince will come!"

I know thats how I got my wife to date me, and then marry me. I literally didnt speak to her, look at her, show her any signs that I was interested. I was just ignoring her completely and then BAM! Married with 3 kids and a white picket fence. worked like a charm
    I guarantee you that they had already reached out privately and were told that they have the votes needed to join the conference. I guarantee you that NDSU has done the same thing and, thus far, hasn't had anyone willing to bring us on board.

Having said that NOW is the time to push hard if you are NDSU. AAC/MWC is who I'd be reaching out to with MAC as the 3rd option. Heck, I'd reach out to Big XII even or B1G if Nebraska decides to go back to the XII. Get your name in as many mouths and conversations as possible as early and often as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I guarantee you that they had already reached out privately and were told that they have the votes needed to join the conference. I guarantee you that NDSU has done the same thing and, thus far, hasn't had anyone willing to bring us on board.

Having said that NOW is the time to push hard if you are NDSU. AAC/MWC is who I'd be reaching out to with MAC as the 3rd option. Heck, I'd reach out to Big XII even or B1G if Nebraska decides to go back to the XII. Get your name in as many mouths and conversations as possible as early and often as possible.
    Agreed. Matt Larson should be a busy boy right now

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post

I agree with everything but the B1G that just isn't happening.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Agreed. Matt Larson should be a busy boy right now
    Probably has his feet up on his desk all proud about his comments to Izzo about being in a good position and doing nothing.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Probably has his feet up on his desk all proud about his comments to Izzo about being in a good position and doing nothing.
    Hopefully not. This is the moment, dominos are falling.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Hopefully not. This is the moment, dominos are falling.
    More like buildings are falling……and they are on fire. G5’s are gonna need a place to stay real soon. Wonder how many more we can fit into the MVFC?