Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Entz seems VERY supportive of FBS jump

Default Re: Matt Entz Seems VERY Supportive of FBS Jump

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I bet Boise State people said the same thing back in the day, but winning cures all. Consistent winners always get eyeballs
    Agreed. And just cuz someone doesn’t follow or watch consistently doesn’t mean we wouldn’t have viewership. I’ve watched plenty of games on tv that I have zero ties to the teams for the sake of just wanting to watch games, as well as have tuned into games to root against certain teams, and if games are hyped as going to be good games or in the moment you flip over to catch games cuz it’s close.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Agreed. And just cuz someone doesn’t follow or watch consistently doesn’t mean we wouldn’t have viewership. I’ve watched plenty of games on tv that I have zero ties to the teams for the sake of just wanting to watch games, as well as have tuned into games to root against certain teams, and if games are hyped as going to be good games or in the moment you flip over to catch games cuz it’s close.
    amennn. LETS GO!! boise state was a regional fanbase. NDSU could as well.. even Minnesota & Wisconsin fans would watch NDSU at the FBS LEVEL
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Get the IPF fully built out to P5 specs, launch a campaign to get a new mid major worthy basketball arena built, call up Montana and let's do this. Gotta get the deck cleared for FBS and let's be honest, the SHAC isn't a G5 facility.
    The SHAC is damn near brand new. We can't be pissing money away on new basketball arenas when the current one barely gets filled for rivalry games.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    The SHAC is damn near brand new. We can't be pissing money away on new basketball arenas when the current one barely gets filled for rivalry games.
    Fact check= 12,000,000% true
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    In Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, Great Falls, Sioux Falls, Rapid City???
    No it hasn’t.
    That is what my post was about.
    Lakes overreached on his post, per the usual.
    Shocked face
    I agree- but I will also say, that I tune in occasionally for CCU, Liberty, App State and GSU, and I DONT tune in for the other G5 teams not named Boise or UCF.
    I think we'd pull a handful of fans from those good FCS towns, the same way that I'm a casual fan of the programs that I stated above.

Is it a TON of people? no, which is why I agree w/your comment way more than disagree
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Boise and more recently, App State, have shown that although the risks and costs are significant to jump, its WINNING that can mitigate the risks of going FBS.
    Its pretty simple- if you think we'd bein the bottom 70% of G5 programs in terms of wins, then I dont think its worth moving. You wouldnt be successful enough to reap the rewards of jumping, outside of alot more payday games.

If you think we'd lose only 0-3 games/yr., youre successful enough to recieve the benefits of FBS.

If you think we're good enough to succeed, Then its time to jump. If you think we'd suck, then of course, lets stay #FCSForever. There are ALOT of benefits to staying, I'm not denying that in the slightest.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Finally, I've found the perfect way to describe my experience on this site!
    With 1700 plus posts, CyPanth, you must really enjoy self-inflicted pain. Mind you, I don't care one way or another you lurking in the shadows, but, gee whiz, that Panthernation board must have an extended case of Covid-19 (didn't get its shots, huh) or has it died already? The few times I've visited Panthernation I find very little conversation about football. Disclaimer: I just read the football threads.
    Last edited by southcliffbison; 04-16-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I agree- but I will also say, that I tune in occasionally for CCU, Liberty, App State and GSU, and I DONT tune in for the other G5 teams not named Boise or UCF.
    I think we'd pull a handful of fans from those good FCS towns, the same way that I'm a casual fan of the programs that I stated above.

Is it a TON of people? no, which is why I agree w/your comment way more than disagree
    Agree with the above

Here is Chapo’s post (again)

THATS WHY YOU GO FBS!! You drown those teams and get all their top recruits and media attention. what do you NOT understand about drinking their MILKSHAKES?????
    He was referring to this post

The market today is just too small and over saturated with UND, SDSU, USD, Minnesota, Montana and Montana State all taking part of that market.
    I’m pushing back on his comment NDSU would get all the “media attention” in those markets - Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, Great Falls, Sioux Falls, Rapid City - No

reformedUNDfan is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    People who aren't alumni or don't live in North Dakota/western minnesota will never care about ndsu. Ndsu could be the big ten champion for 20 years straight and they will still never care. Know your audience and work with it. Don't imagine some audience that will never exist.

You know how I know this? If montana state became fbs I wouldn't give a shit. I don't watch georgia southern or app state or even smu/baylor. It's really really really hard to invest time into watching a team that you don't have a significant attachment too.
    I watch APP and GSU
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post

... I’m pushing back on his comment NDSU would get all the “media attention” in those markets - Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, Great Falls, Sioux Falls, Rapid City - No
    I also think people underestimate the hatred that certain FCS markets and fans have developed for NDSU during the run. I wonder if that would change after we move up, but I’m not sure...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery