Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Entz seems VERY supportive of FBS jump

Default Re: Matt Entz Seems VERY Supportive of FBS Jump

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Do you really think Jackrabbit, Coyote, Bobcat and Griz fans are going to convert to Bison fans because NDSU is FBS???

Or, let me put it another way - Do you really think Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, Great Falls, Sioux Falls, Rapid City media all switch primary coverage over to NDSU???

Of course a few prospects can be recruited who otherwise would have been FCS, especially the SDSU, USD and UNI prospects. That is an obvious......nothing new there
    It's already happened to some extent. Far more Grand Forks people are pro NDSU than I would have ever expected. Plus we'd get way more relevant in The Cities. The FBS label would separate NDSU from previous associations and people will be a fan of NDSU as an FBS team and, say, UNI/USD,etc as their FCS team.

One other quick thing to note on NDSU leadership on this.....the current fiscal climate would make it the wrong time for Bresciani to push on this. However, he can't wait forever, either. At some point, he will need to go full Joe Chapman on the this....but he can't at the moment as he was neutered after his push for 20k students.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It's time, NDSU belongs in FBS. We're a FB school not a BB school that plays FB. The FCS is full of schools that don't care about FB. Time to get the f... out.
    . I've been all over the place on this... but now I agree. I understand the argument to stay in the FCS... but now I don't think it holds water.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by tenbobnote View Post
    It's already happened to some extent. Far more Grand Forks people are pro NDSU than I would have ever expected. Plus we'd get way more relevant in The Cities. The FBS label would separate NDSU from previous associations and people will be a fan of NDSU as an FBS team and, say, UNI/USD,etc as their FCS team.
    In Billings, Bozeman, Missoula, Great Falls, Sioux Falls, Rapid City???
    No it hasn’t.
    That is what my post was about.
    Lakes overreached on his post, per the usual.
    Shocked face

People who aren't alumni or don't live in North Dakota/western minnesota will never care about ndsu. Ndsu could be the big ten champion for 20 years straight and they will still never care. Know your audience and work with it. Don't imagine some audience that will never exist.

You know how I know this? If montana state became fbs I wouldn't give a shit. I don't watch georgia southern or app state or even smu/baylor. It's really really really hard to invest time into watching a team that you don't have a significant attachment too.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by tenbobnote View Post
    Absolutely!! they will follow us. guaranteed. pure spite and jealousy alone. Plus we will stealing their best players as they become juniors/seniors with the transfer portal! hell yea!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    People who aren't alumni or don't live in North Dakota/western minnesota will never care about ndsu. Ndsu could be the big ten champion for 20 years straight and they will still never care. Know your audience and work with it. Don't imagine some audience that will never exist.

You know how I know this? If montana state became fbs I wouldn't give a shit. I don't watch georgia southern or app state or even smu/baylor. It's really really really hard to invest time into watching a team that you don't have a significant attachment too.
    I bet Boise State people said the same thing back in the day, but winning cures all. Consistent winners always get eyeballs

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I bet Boise State people said the same thing back in the day, but winning cures all. Consistent winners always get eyeballs
    You're spot on. That's also the reason why the small FM specific media market argument only holds so much weight. You can't measure this shit with a population within 100 miles metric anymore.

I always tell my clients that it is better to make a good decision than a fast one... that they should wait until they KNOW FOR SURE. I've never known for sure before personally (which doesn't matter anyway) but with what's happened in the last 12 months, it sure seems clear that we're not playing with the right folks anymore. To me, it is now more obvious than it has ever been.

We are WAY more of a national story right now than Boise was when they moved up. You guys only refer to their success after moving up and what that's meant for their financial and scoreboard success. We're miles ahead of them when they were in our current position. A move now will put us ahead of them in 5 years. Mark that shit down.

(This is weird to me. I've always been on the fence.)
    Insert something clever here...

North Dakota is different though. When i go on a trip people are always very curious about this place they have never been and will never be to. NDSU does see decent ratings comparatively as an FCS even when playing FCS on the bigger channels.

College football fans are already aware of the football program and people from all over are genuinely curious what it could do in FBS and would be rooting for success. There is a strange connection- and people want to see this clean program that runs the ball doing it old school. With a bunch of ND MN SD kids.

They want to bandwagon and be the guys telling their kids and grandkids how they were watching the Bison beat big boys when they were still small timey. People would continue to push for growth to a P5 with success.

Plus Gopher fans/UN_ think its foolish and would really hate it. Tells me all i need to know. If app state/georgia southern were getting games with florida/florida state/georgia in non-con and winning consistently people would care. The non-con scheduling would need to be and stay aggressive.

If covid/virus style mandates ever do go away it is going to be an easy excuse to drop tickets for EVERY program. People just needed an excuse to save some time and bucks to watch more in their mancave. Attendance will drop everywhere. NDSU could a jump to maintain 19k and have competitive attendance along with the old cameron indoor cool to be small thing going.

Have there been any FOIA requests to figure out if conferences have contacted? ECHCH8O? Loaf is running most of this behind closed doors anyway. VERY confident there is a conference home available for NDSU and there has been for a while.

Not sure if your “20 years B10 Champ” comment was meant to be hyperbole, but you can bet that if any team did that, they would be in National Championship contention and drawing their own fucking grid lines on that College Football map.

That will never happen, but as others have pointed out, that doesn’t need to happen for NDSU to be relevant. They already are to some extent. MOST fans of P5 schools know who NDSU is. If we are G5, with more opportunities to play those schools, you can bet your ass they will know our name.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery